Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » what is needed for 5 speed conversion????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what is needed for 5 speed conversion????
2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fstfru  Ford pictures for 2fstfru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So far I have the following let me know what im missing.

5 speed trans (94) with bell housing and shifter
Fly wheel
clutch pedal assembly
drive shaft
clutch

Will the cross member from a 94 fit a fox body?
Wiring will that be needed from a 5 speed car or keep what is on the car now? Thanks for the feed back!

--------------------
SPEED KILLS!....Drive a Chevy live FOREVER!

2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fstfru  Ford pictures for 2fstfru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

--------------------

4MY8TERS
¯
Member # 7840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4MY8TERS  Ford pictures for 4MY8TERS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Missing safety (N) switch wiring harness, u need a fox cross member, block plate, mount, clutch, bolts, shift boot, cable, fox 5 speed driveshaft

Mite be more

And I think you mite have to change something on your trans for it to work with a fox

--------------------
1985 Notchback-393w Vortech
1991 Convert Lx-H/C/I-Vortech
1984 T-Top 306-H/C/I

Posts: 2337 | From: THE GOLDEN CITY AKA SFC | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707
¯
Member # 6243

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707  Ford pictures for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if your putting a 94 t5 in a foxbody i belive the bellhousing and input shaft are longer

--------------------
1993 red cobra
1973 celica chevy 406/t5/narrow 9
1969 camaro
1992 lx hatch

2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

yes they are longer and it will fit.

--------------------

408OUTLAW
¯
Member # 7297

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408OUTLAW  Ford pictures for 408OUTLAW  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a cross member

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:_NmNXzWF09MJ:projecthp.ford23.com/Documents/Auto%2520to%2520T5%2520Swap.doc+mustang+t5+driveshaft+lenght&cd=29&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2fstfru:

not true you will have to change the input shaft and a 93 and down bellhousing the 94 has 5/8 of an inch longer bellhousing and input shaft i just did the same swap and found out the hard way i couldnt figure out why in the hell it wouldnt go all the way in

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yessir gotta change that input shaft
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
quote:

not true you will have to change the input shaft and a 93 and down bellhousing the 94 has 5/8 of an inch longer bellhousing and input shaft i just did the same swap and found out the hard way i couldnt figure out why in the hell it wouldnt go all the way in
That is another option. But it will also work as long as you use a 94-95 bell housing.It will set you shifter back about I think 3/8 in.c and I had no issues at all.

--------------------

2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

quote:
Originally posted by 408OUTLAW:
i got a cross member

Good looking out!

--------------------

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
quote:

That is another option. But it will also work as long as you use a 94-95 bell housing.It will set you shifter back about I think 3/8 in.c and I had no issues at all.
yea but that puts your driveline 5/8 of an inch on your output shaft not a good idea but its your car have fun [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure you have all the bolts and clips.. When I did my swap that was my major problem, was missing a couple of flywheel, tranny and one of the starter bolts.

Also make sure you have the correct speedo gear in the transmission. And you will need to swap the clutch and speedo cables.

Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com