Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ignition problem

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ignition problem
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody knoo what can be wrong when i start my mustang i have to turn the switch really fast not like the normal way,when you turn and you wait for it to start then let go ,you have to like turn the switch hella fast and let go and hope it will start if not then i try again but it alwayst starts let me knoo

thanks

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

89goose
¯
Member # 7196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89goose  Ford pictures for 89goose        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could be a loose wire. take off the plastics and take off the ign.switch - only held in by two screws -its a star tool that you will need to remove.check to see if its cracked- if so replace -its only 15 bucks.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com