Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Has anyone else had a really bad experience with BIG D MUSTANG of San Leandro? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Has anyone else had a really bad experience with BIG D MUSTANG of San Leandro?
E's 89COUPE
¯
Member # 6569

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for E's 89COUPE  Ford pictures for E's 89COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This guy is a straight asshole with no customer service what so ever heres the situation my boy decides to order some parts from this place after talking with the owner that the parts will arrive the next day so he writes him a check for the amount of $704 dollars on Jan 26 for a set of head lights with clear corners,radiator support,bumper support and a radiator nothing special just replacement parts.He calls him two days later ready to come by and pick up his parts the answer he gets is I will have everything tommorow im waiting for a few more parts,this goes on until today when I tell my boy f-that so we head there and walk in and ask is everything here he saids im waiting for one more headlight its on back order.WTF!!! does this guy think were stupid not only has his bank cleared the check a few days after with no parts deliverd for a month but refuses to give a full refund after all the bs and has the nerve to say I have to see if they will cancel the order then I will see if I can give you your money back.So my boy saids what is the problem all I want is my money after some more bs he decides to walk in with a police officer thinking everything will work out and we will walk out with a check or cash hell no instead the officer saids its his store so im going to ask you to leave or im going to have to aresst you so he tells the owner just give me what you have and give me a refund of $260 for the headlights he saids no im not giving you anything go ahead and take me to court I will win im not giving you anything. PS.what would you do?

--------------------
SIDE JOBS PERFORMANCE & GENERAL MECHANIC 510-875-0502 EDDIE

2005 F150
89.LX COUPE
68.Cougar
89 civic HB

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a super cheap beater off Craigslist, put a brick on the pedal and watch it drive through his building. I think he'd get the hint someone was mad at him.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Better yet, use a chevy! I called that guy and asked him how much for an airbag for my 95. He told me around $1500. I told him he was out of his mind and hung up.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Every time I've gone there, it's always been a pain in the ass. The guy isn't that nice, the shop is a fucking pig sty and he doesn't take credit cards. WTF kind of business with a website doesn't take credit cards?

I buy all my parts from http://www.restorationpartssource.com now. Tony is a great guy and his prices are awesome. His shop is in Hayward off of Clawiter.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ha ha, another great story from Big Dead Mustangs. I used to work for another local shop, and we heard many stories like yours. It's amazing that Greg is still in business.

I would recommend Mostly Mustangs in Oakland. They stock a lot of parts and will not give you the run around.

Mostly Mustangs
2576 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
West Oakland

510-893-2113

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think if you took him to court you would win.
E's 89COUPE
¯
Member # 6569

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for E's 89COUPE  Ford pictures for E's 89COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL! Asskickn88 and snakebite95 I personally agree with you 100% but I would like to see him get his money back first if I knew that my boy even thought of going in there I would have slaped his ass,first he gets layed off from toyota of oakland on tuesday then this on wedsday man how bad can it get for him we can't even start working on his stang with no parts but he has no money to get other parts.Im sure glad big dick head does'nt owe me any money cuz I think I would be sitting down town right now hes a really good guy that would gladly take his shirt off his back for you as I would we work on stangs for cheap cuz we have love for them and its not a big deal to do something simple for nothing so if you guys have any of the parts we need in exchange for work or for a really good price lmk we can work something out thanks for the replys and recomendations guys.

PS.the part we really need asap is the radiator support with both aprons if possible along with the front bumper support and drivers side impact absorber lmk thanks 510-569-3067 Eddie

--------------------

2005 F150
89.LX COUPE
68.Cougar
89 civic HB

F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers
¯
Member # 8971

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers  Ford pictures for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOOOOW! [Mad] That f*&%in pisses me off just reading it. Aint that about a bitch,you try to it the right way and still get fu$%ed.To protect & to serve MY ASS.Piece of sh*t police! [Mad]

--------------------
R.I.P MATT "4-Speed King"

Posts: 179 | From: RICHMOND,CA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
99Mamba
¯
Member # 7506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Mamba  Ford pictures for 99Mamba    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I live nearby and my uncle had his old school coupe worked on there all we can say now and always is FUCK YOU BIG D MUSTANGS......customer service = Shit!!!!
Posts: 660 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They seem to get an epic FAIL from the better business bureau.

http://goldengate.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=99&bbb=1116&firm=12862

make a complaint on bbb.org

Its just funny to see the responses from companies I made complaints with. I always check on a businesses grade on BBB before placing an order or dealing with them

Good luck with your situation

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers:
WOOOOW! [Mad] That f*&%in pisses me off just reading it. Aint that about a bitch,you try to it the right way and still get fu$%ed.To protect & to serve MY ASS.Piece of sh*t police! [Mad]

It is a civil issue. Police enforce CRIMINAL law, financial dealings between two parties must be dealt with in CIVIL court (small claims in this case) if any of the parties contest the issue.

That being said, if someone is on your property and you want them to leave, do you want the police to remove them, or do you want last month's booty call hammering on your door?

89goose
¯
Member # 7196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89goose  Ford pictures for 89goose        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my cousin ordered almost a complete interior for his 67 - and never got one piece - he wrote him a check as well. he kept calling- and all they gave him was th run around too about back order sh_t.
i always use mustangs plus - even though there in stockton area - they have the best cutomer satisfaction - i never had any problems with them what so ever.
phuck any shop/store that gives out crappy service.your a paying customer thats putting money in to their pockets.if we dont go - they dont stay in business. [patriot]

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, im surprised so many people have had a problem with them too! when I needed parts for my 65 I started going with them but then realized their prices were WAY tor high compared to others.If I asked the guy a technical question he avoided giving me an answer and never says thanks when I buy something. I recommend Jerry at ABC mustang on Dollar st. in Hayward or Mustang Magic in Fremont. those guys are reasonable and helpful.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

E's 89COUPE
¯
Member # 6569

89goose did he get his parts or a refund?

--------------------

2005 F150
89.LX COUPE
68.Cougar
89 civic HB

NightmareB4Xmas_68
¯
Member # 6371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NightmareB4Xmas_68  Ford pictures for NightmareB4Xmas_68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea dudes a straight up dick prices are too high and he has NO personality wat so ever.. sorry to hear that bs bra +1 on takin em to court you`ll win off top f`n money is to hard to come by now these days to let that go. goodluck man.. [patriot]

--------------------
One day it'll get finished

Posts: 827 | From: OAKLAND,CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
89goose
¯
Member # 7196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89goose  Ford pictures for 89goose        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by E'S 89 COUPE:
89goose did he get his parts or a refund?

No he never did..... he though about taking to court, but wuth all the cost of going to court out weighed the cost of the interior pieces.
lol - he even thougth about - well u know - but how much is that worth to be in jail because of some lost money - nit worth it , money comes and goes - freedom is priceless.

chalk it up as a loss - and never go back - and never recommend them. [patriot]

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89goose:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by E'S 89 COUPE:
[qb] 89goose did he get his parts or a refund?

No he never did..... he though about taking to court, but wuth all the cost of going to court out weighed the cost of the interior pieces.
lol - he even thougth about - well u know - but how much is that worth to be in jail because of some lost money - nit worth it , money comes and goes - freedom is priceless.

how much money was it?..if it was a large ammont i woulda showed up to his shop layin shit down..some people need a lesson..maybe youll have to be the one to give him one

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
89goose
¯
Member # 7196

quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
quote:

how much money was it?..if it was a large ammont i woulda showed up to his shop layin shit down..some people need a lesson..maybe youll have to be the one to give him one

maybe when i was younger -lol - as u grow older u get wiser.
plus u dont go to the shop to handle it.

E's 89COUPE
¯
Member # 6569

Your both right for me I would for sure get a refund or my parts but its up to my boy on what he wants to do.That shit is just uncalled for no worries people like that get what they deserve sooner or later.

--------------------

2005 F150
89.LX COUPE
68.Cougar
89 civic HB

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
quote:

plus u dont go to the shop to handle it.
yea u go to his house [Wink]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Get a super cheap beater off Craigslist, put a brick on the pedal and watch it drive through his building. I think he'd get the hint someone was mad at him.

lmao [patriot]

[ March 11, 2009, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: 1nastycobra ]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you gotta deal with him on another level. My homie Omar basically grab him by his ankle and shook money out of him. Scared his ass so bad, he didnt fuck anyone over for quite a while. I guess the effect has worn off.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha bro LOOKS LIKE U GOTA GET IT THE SKI MASK WAY!

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
O YEA THAT GUY BUYS HIS PARTS FROM PEOPLE ON CRAIGLIST TO LOL I PUT A REAR END OUTA OF A 68 MUSTANG LOL AND HE CALLED ME THE NEXT DAY FOR I SOLD TO HIM FOR 100 BUCKS LOL AND I HERD HE SOLD IT FOR LIKE 500 BUCKS. SO YEA BETTER OFF WITH CRAIGLIST [worship] [worship] [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

99Mamba
¯
Member # 7506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Mamba  Ford pictures for 99Mamba    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright folks lets say this one more time "FUCK BIG D MUSTANGS"!!!!
Posts: 660 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com