Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » UCA install in a 87 Fox

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: UCA install in a 87 Fox
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey all,
I recently installed new bushings for the uca's on the diff and iam trying to install the uca's but I am having trouble with the alignment. Either the diff mount is on and the other point won't line up or the upper is on and the diff won't line up. Is there I trick to lining these up? Stock arms. Bushing is exposed is equal amount on either side of the diff.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
should line up. I think the UCAs are a PITA to get in though. You may have to have the bolts loose and wiggle the thing around 'til it lines up.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Jdub
¯
Member # 2098

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub  Ford pictures for Jdub    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a bit of a juggling act. Try raising or lowering the rearend, as well as placing your jack at the front or rear of the pumpkin (with the car on jackstands of course) in order adjust the bolt hole alignment. If you have a long 1/4" socket extension, you can stick that in one end to adjust the alignment so you can get a bolt started on the opposite side that you stuck the extension in. Just takes some patience....

[ March 03, 2009, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Jdub ]

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remove the lower part of the shockx which will allow it to move around more to get the uppers lined up easier.

[ March 04, 2009, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com