Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 2 Cats

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 Cats
mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastercudaz  Ford pictures for mastercudaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow I guess Im just ranting, but I had to go to a test only staion this year for smogs and they would not pass my car because it has 2 cats and ofcourse OEM is 4.

What pisses me off is that the god d**n car is better then most new cars today, its WAY under the allowed numbers. Yet that doesnt allow it to pass... wow

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats such crap,this shit is all about money.It shouldnt even matter whats on your car as long as what comes out is clean.These dumb laws need to be modified.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
find the carb #'s for the cats and they would pass you.

magnaflow makes cats with carb #'s, and I think mac has h-pipes with carb #'s for 87-93's...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastercudaz  Ford pictures for mastercudaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah these laws a ridiculous. I dont have carb numbers for the cats, its a bassani X. The smog gyu even said that with cats the carb numbers dont matter it will not pass anyway.

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just register it in geurnville.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mastercudaz:
Yeah these laws a ridiculous. I dont have carb numbers for the cats, its a bassani X. The smog gyu even said that with cats the carb numbers dont matter it will not pass anyway.

he's right. vehicles that are originally equipped with 4 or 6 cats must retain them. As it is illegal to modify a factory exhaust. CARB doesn't mean shit to guys who don't know, they won't waste their time if they figure it could be their ass on the line.

just borrow one from the many Cafords patrons. I'm sure someone will let you borrow one for smog.

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jus do a hot smog and call it a day [Wink] ..dnt waste your time swappin exhaust in and out

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

The car passed smog with two cats, and passed the sniffer with flying colors but when it came to the visual he wouldnt pass it.

I changed to an old pipe that I had with two reg. cats and two high flow ones. He passed the visual after that.

The guy last year passed it with two cats, he said he didnt car what was on the car as long as the sniffer passed. This year at a test only it was a bit different.

[ November 30, 2008, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: mastercudaz ]

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com