Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » sn95 upgrade/bumpsteer question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sn95 upgrade/bumpsteer question
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to put the whole front control arm/spindle/brake assembly from my 98GT onto my 91LX. I've read that if you just convert from fox to sn95 spindles & brakes a bumpsteer kit is mandatory. But I know that the 98 control arms have a shorter balljoint. Will this eliminate the need for a bumpsteer kit?
Also, the car has BBK lowering springs (1 1/2")
Any and all replies appreciated!

[ October 03, 2008, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: Maxoctane ]

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Maxoctane:
I want to put the whole front control arm/spindle/brake assembly from my 98GT onto my 91LX. I've read that if you just convert from fox to sn95 spindles & brakes a bumpsteer kit is mandatory. But I know that the 98 control arms have a shorter balljoint. Will this eliminate the need for a bumpsteer kit?
Also, the car has BBK lowering springs (1 1/2")
Any and all replies appreciated!

there is this website where people do these kinda things all day, its under the forums section, just click on what kind of car you have......

the website is STANGNET.COM

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I remember reading something regarding this on the maximum motorsports website. I believe they said the swap throws off the suspension geometry and it cannot be corrected properly even with a bumpsteer kit. But that's just from my memory. Check out their website tho, I think if u click on their bumpsteer kits they have a lil excerpt about it

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I think I remember reading something regarding this on the maximum motorsports website. I believe they said the swap throws off the suspension geometry and it cannot be corrected properly even with a bumpsteer kit. But that's just from my memory. Check out their website tho, I think if u click on their bumpsteer kits they have a lil excerpt about it

Yea looks like you're right. Thanks! Got any 94-95 spindles laying around?

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

josesiphone
¯
Member # 8693

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for josesiphone  Ford pictures for josesiphone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 92 vert that I just did the 5 lug conversion. I used 95 spindles to keep the track width. The lower control arm doesn't affect the bumpsteer. I had the problem and maximum motorsports has your answer. My rack was leaking so I replaced it and i bought the MM aluminum rack bushing. Your stock ones are rubber and they get worn down over the years. So when you go over uneven grooves on the road your tires follow them. These bushings prevent the movement of the rack. 2) I bought the bumpsteer kit that is made for people that have done the sn95 conversion which is the mmtr-7. After this and a good alignment your bumpsteer troubles are over.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com