Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What do I Need To Fit OEM 93 Cobras?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What do I Need To Fit OEM 93 Cobras?
87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87coupe510  Ford pictures for 87coupe510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a set of OEM 93 Cobras im gonna be putting on my 88 Notch and Im not sure what i have to do to fit them correctly in the front. Im thinking the backs gonna be ok since im runnin a 93 cobra rearend? I will appriciate any Info You Guys can give me Thanks.

--------------------
RAIN OR SHINE I STAY SIDEWAYS IN MY STANG!!!!!!!!!!!
1993 Coupe "Stock" "It's Just Exhaust"

4MY8TERS
¯
Member # 7840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4MY8TERS  Ford pictures for 4MY8TERS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get small wheel spacers from a speed shop, I think they are 7/16 and yes ur rears should be fine

--------------------
1985 Notchback-393w Vortech
1991 Convert Lx-H/C/I-Vortech
1984 T-Top 306-H/C/I

Posts: 2337 | From: THE GOLDEN CITY AKA SFC | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
josesiphone
¯
Member # 8693

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for josesiphone  Ford pictures for josesiphone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THey should just bolt up. Are concerned with rubbing while turning? pre 90 stang came with a 2.5 locking ration. When they started putting pony wheels on 90 and up stangs they had to limit the turning of the rack so they added clips. Then the turning ration went to 2.25. I had problems with my stang (17x9 in front) would rub on the control arm. So I added 2 steering rack limiters on each side of the rack inner tie rod shaft. Then my wheels stopped rubbing. The only down fall uturn are harder to make now. But don't have any choice but to do it. because if you have keep riding with wide wheels you will have to replace the rack because the seals get busted from the turning of the wider wheels. This part from ford N804842-S (about 15 for 4) will take care of your rubbing problems. You need 2 on each side. Then you can even put 20x8 cobras and it will not even rub when fully turning.
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The rears will be fine, the fronts...different story. You would need to run at least a 3/4" wheel spacer to make them look right. The offset of the OEM 93 Cobras is severe, but if you care about the visual aspect...go for it.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com