Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Roller Rockers: 1.6 or 1.7

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Roller Rockers: 1.6 or 1.7
7-Up Man
¯
Member # 8345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7-Up Man  Ford pictures for 7-Up Man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not sure on which is best for my engine build. I have a 331 and want some decent HP out of it, but also needs to pass smog. What advantages are the 1.7 rockers going to give me over 1.6. As far as cam guru language I am a novice so try to tell me in laymen terms.

--------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." -Red Green

Posts: 93 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Need to post the rest of the combo like what HCI "head's,cam, and intake" power adder or NA, gear's, tranny type, intended use "street car, daily driver, street/strip, road race, drag only". Then You need to alk to one of these guy's for a custom cam or for 25-50 buck's they will analize the rest of Your combo and recommend an OTS "off the shelf cam" that would be a good match for Your combo. Here are the guy's You need to contact

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1025132 or You can get everyones best guess and end up with hopefully an average combo. Remember all the part's have to work together or You will end up with something You won't be happy with. If You hav'nt purchase anything yet then talk to one of these guy's and I am sure they will give You the ifo You need if You do buisness with them. You are going to spend thousand's of dollar's so make sure You do it rite the 1st time or it will end up costing You more down the line [patriot] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com