Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just finished my mass air conversion..the car runs alot better i jus need to finish hookin up the vacuum lines an what not...but the gauge cluster is goin crazy the light doesnt come on and the gauges are goin haywire and the check engine light is on for the 1st time ever..and when i turn on my head lights the whole cluster flutuates..its all just messed up..any help would be appreciated

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
FOX_THAT
¯
Member # 8630

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOX_THAT  Ford pictures for FOX_THAT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your grounds?
WEST_BAY$_FINE$T_COUPE
¯
Member # 8169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WEST_BAY$_FINE$T_COUPE  Ford pictures for WEST_BAY$_FINE$T_COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK THATS ALL BAD SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME WIRING PROBLEMS GOING ON WITH YOUR CAR DID U JUST HOOK UP THE TACH METER? BECAUSE I KNOW IN MY OLD CAR I HAD WIRING PROBLEMS AND MY NEEDLE FROM THE TACH WILL JUST BOUNCE AROUND EVERYWHRE LIKE CRAZY

--------------------
90COUPE
02SALEEN
90HTACKBACK (SOLD)
93 HATCHBACK (SOLD)

**I RIDE HYPHY SHIT**

everyday normal guy
¯
Member # 8560

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday normal guy  Ford pictures for everyday normal guy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mean89:
FUCK THATS ALL BAD SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME WIRING PROBLEMS GOING ON WITH YOUR CAR DID U JUST HOOK UP THE TACH METER? BECAUSE I KNOW IN MY OLD CAR I HAD WIRING PROBLEMS AND MY NEEDLE FROM THE TACH WILL JUST BOUNCE AROUND EVERYWHRE LIKE CRAZY

HUH is this a real reply

--------------------
i make pretty good spaghetti muthafuca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IT WAS WORKIN FINE THEN AFTER I DID MY MAF CONVERSION 2DAY THE CLUSTER STARTED FUCKIN UP

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

everyday normal guy
¯
Member # 8560

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday normal guy  Ford pictures for everyday normal guy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not sure if it matters but did you still use the speed density comp

--------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

nope comp was from the car i got the wiring harness and mass air meter from

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
IT WAS WORKIN FINE THEN AFTER I DID MY MAF CONVERSION 2DAY THE CLUSTER STARTED FUCKIN UP

dis might help, i got my 92 stang painted and they removed the doors. while doing that they removed some fuses and they forgot to install it. there was a fuse disconnected which controlled my cluster, my needles were going crazy. im not sure what fuse it is but there is a fuse that controls the cluster, check it and see if its ok...
everyday normal guy
¯
Member # 8560

quote:
nope comp was from the car i got the wiring harness and mass air meter from

so what pins did you use on the comp

--------------------

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if that doesnt work , 4 sure ill have an answer 4 u 2morrow... my brother just did a mass air conversion on a 87 a few weeks ago and ill ask him if he know anything that would cause that......... also, just double check the ground on the firewall that bolts on the block.. is thats disconnected or broken, the car can act like if its haunted....that ground is for the ECU

[ September 10, 2008, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: 302 DROP ]

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

i dnt recall removing any fuses..but i did try and take off the bolt that holds the positive cable to the starter solenoid but i forgot to remove the negative and it caused a spark..could that have fucked the cluster up some how?

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

everyday normal guy
¯
Member # 8560

quote:
i dnt recall removing any fuses..but i did try and take off the bolt that holds the positive cable to the starter solenoid but i forgot to remove the negative and it caused a spark..could that have fucked the cluster up some how?

maybe blo the fuse

--------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

ill check that tomorrow

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you remember to hook/bolt on the ground near the PCM?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

quote:

i meant for you to double check the fuses!!! and double check all the grounds for the ECM
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

ok the cluster is fixed it turns out i forgot to ground a few things...but when i put my car in neutral when im coming to a stop it just dies..starts back up perfect and idles perfect but after i drive it an take it outta gear it dies...the iac is fine

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
ok the cluster is fixed it turns out i forgot to ground a few things...but when i put my car in neutral when im coming to a stop it just dies..starts back up perfect and idles perfect but after i drive it an take it outta gear it dies...the iac is fine

drive it around 50 miles or so and let the computer re-learn what it is supposed to do. do some wop's and shit. when I changed just my upper and lower and c&l my car would die everytime I can to a stop. Someone on the board suggested the above and it worked out for me.
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

ok ill try that..thanks everyone! other than these small problems i like the results of the conversion [patriot]

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com