Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » will i blow my motor?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: will i blow my motor?
93 CHP
¯
Member # 8240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 CHP  Ford pictures for 93 CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my motor mods:
gt40 x heads
b 303 cam
1.6 rockers
#30 injectors
i think i have a stock fuel pump
cobra intake manifold
just purchased: vortech s-trim v-1
anderson power pipe
cog setup

question: will the cog setup blow my engine? iono what psi to tune it to though
so any suggestions appreciated

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do yourself a favor and trade the cog's for an 8 rib setup!!!

The cogs won't blow the motor(if you tune it correctly and setup your fuel system properly) but unless the s-trim is the HD version made for cogs you will kill the bearings in the s-trim pretty quick. With the cog pulleys you also will need to make 100% sure that your blower bracket does not flex and that the blower pulley and crank pulley are perfectly aligned or you will be throwing belts constantly(especially if you have a stick).

There really is no benifit to running cog pulleys unless it's a full race setup with race blower 30psi+ ect...

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
93 CHP
¯
Member # 8240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 CHP  Ford pictures for 93 CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds good... man ahhaha iono what to do now
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AS stated it's not a good idea to put cog's on Your s trim unless it's a heavy duty "which is very unlikey" unless You purchased it that way, it will ruin Your bearing's QUICK & there is no real reason to put them on! contact asp pulley's
http://www.aspracing.com/frame.htm and get a 8 rib crank pulley "if You don't already have one" and 2.95 supercharger pulley. I also got the tensioner adjuster off of E bay for about $20 and it will get the belt as tight as You want it!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

93 CHP
¯
Member # 8240

well i bought it like that....... so iono what i should do now haha
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's funny? 2 guys told you what to do and all you can say is, "well i bought it like that"
Don't waste people's time if that is how you are going to use good advice. Jeff S is supposed to be one of the brighter guys on the board but he took time out of his day and answered your post, and SmokinLX went out of his way to find you a link, with prices, and all you say is iono?

You are an ass.

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^wrong thread^^^
[Confused]
my bad haha

[ September 04, 2008, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: 1HaTCheD5LiTEr ]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like Jeff says.. sell the cogs and get an 8-rib setup. It just so happens that I have a complete 8 rib setup in my garage if you are interested [Big Grin]

Also, you will need to upgrade your fuel pump. I would suggest 8-10 PSI on a stock bottom end. You should consider getting a custom tune. The tune will be the difference between a good running car and a blown motor [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com