Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » JBA shorties for a fox? Are they any good???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: JBA shorties for a fox? Are they any good???
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am working out a trade that involves some JBA shorties for a fox...I have never seen anyone run these on a fox..Are they any good??? Also Im not exactly sure if they are the 1 5/8"or the 1 1/2"?? Should I pass on them if they are the 1 1/2" because it seems that 1 5/8" is the usual size or am I wrong???

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are the best [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
They are the best [patriot]

Good...but what size should I run because I dont think these are 1 5/8"???

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i ran em on my 86 and i had no issues with them. no leak or any of that and a good exhaust tone. as far as the size goes their shorties so your not gonna get extensive gains either way. by the time you do the H/C/I you will probably want long tubes anyway

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
as far as the size goes their shorties so your not gonna get extensive gains either way. by the time you do the H/C/I you will probably want long tubes anyway

i recall telling dustin this yesterday!.. lol....
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
quote:
as far as the size goes their shorties so your not gonna get extensive gains either way. by the time you do the H/C/I you will probably want long tubes anyway

U did, but i dont remember telling you that i was unsure what size they were...Or maybe i did LOL??? I will be going to LT's once i do my BIG PLANS down the road....

--------------------

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im not sure if you did, and i didn't know that they had 1 1/2" either....
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
quote:

U did, but i dont remember telling you that i was unsure what size they were...Or maybe i did LOL??? I will be going to LT's once i do my BIG PLANS down the road....
hahah "BIG PLANS". all i know is that in 2 weeks i should be cleaner then dustin or close. since i wont be faster anytime soon. Im coming for you EPIK [dance] [dance]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
im not sure if you did, and i didn't know that they had 1 1/2" either....

What size are most fox shorties such as BBK & Ford racing etc???

--------------------

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

i just looked up jba shorties on summit.. out of the 5 listed, 3 are 1 5/8 primaries and the other 2 don't have a size listed....

[ July 31, 2008, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: 93ReefBlue5.0 ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
1 5/8" or 1 3/4"

So no point on running a 1 1/2" set???

Here is a link to the 1 1/2" JBA's...

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1987_1993_mustang/performance/headers/jba/jbap00034881.html

-

--------------------

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

^^^ i edited my post... is there a part # by chance on the headers? that way you could run it and see what they are...
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
^^^ i edited my post... is there a part # by chance on the headers? that way you could run it and see what they are...

Yup...Just found out they are 1 1/2"...The part # is 1620
[Frown]

I know Im not gonna gain alot from shorties, but I at least want to bolt on the standard size if Im gonna take the time....

What do you guys think??? Waste of time???

--------------------

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shorties on a fox are alot less time consuming than modulars....

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

[Frown]

I know Im not gonna gain alot from shorties, but I at least want to bolt on the standard size if Im gonna take the time....

depends how much you're paying for them, I got a set of bbk 1 5/8" equal length shorties for $90 shipped for much notch.

even with them being equal length (more of a bitch to install) it still only took me 2 hours start to finish, I just went into it knowing I was going to have to take off the steering shaft and unbolt the motor mounts so I could rock the motor...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a set on my fox, just sold them to my buddy, I loved em, I had full mac exhaust on my car when i purchased it, the entire system needed replacing, so I threw in the jba's, way nicer than any other shorty i've ever seen.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
I had a set on my fox, just sold them to my buddy, I loved em, I had full mac exhaust on my car when i purchased it, the entire system needed replacing, so I threw in the jba's, way nicer than any other shorty i've ever seen.

Were the JBA's u had 1 1/2" or 1 5/8"???

--------------------

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:

Were the JBA's u had 1 1/2" or 1 5/8"???
I believe they were 1 5/8, I'm not positive tho.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

[Frown]

couple of hours of work for some good HP...definitely worth the time...anything is better than stock,...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

josesiphone
¯
Member # 8693

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for josesiphone  Ford pictures for josesiphone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IF you want some good ones and don't want to be cheap get bassani's Some are carb legal as well.
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have got the 1 5/8 jba unequal length and like them. Good quality better than bbk's imo. Carb. number right on them.
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
whitelx91
¯
Member # 8317

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitelx91  Ford pictures for whitelx91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah JBAs are alot better quality if you hadnt noticed thyre twice the price almost of ne other shortys for fox, i had the unequals 1 5/8 on my car before and loved them. They look nice and fit well, but theres nothing like a set of longtubes to fill that bay! [Whoo Whooooo!]  -

SuistangS

--------------------
SuistangS

Posts: 380 | From: Sacramento Ca. | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Damn!!! This thread is like 3 months old & i sold those headers 2 months ago LOL!!!

I am running Mac 1 5/8" LT's now [Big Grin]

--------------------

whitelx91
¯
Member # 8317

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitelx91  Ford pictures for whitelx91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Damn!!! This thread is like 3 months old & i sold those headers 2 months ago LOL!!!

OOps o well fuck it just tryin to help a brotha out lol! Well your welcome neway. [dance]

SuistangS

--------------------
SuistangS

Posts: 380 | From: Sacramento Ca. | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by whitelx91:
quote:

OOps o well fuck it just tryin to help a brotha out lol! Well your welcome neway. [dance]

SuistangS

Its all good bro, i appreciate the help... They looked like good headers, but they were only 1 1/2" & I wanted 1 5/8"....Plus LT's were in my near future at the time....

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com