Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fox blinkers..Blinking too slow? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fox blinkers..Blinking too slow?
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey whats up guys...As you know I am new to the Fox body world. I recently picked up my 91 coupe & I noticed the Blinkers flash way too slow. I tried to change the flasher tube & it didnt change anything. I checked the bulbs & they seem to be the right ones....What else could be causing this??? Any info will be appreciated...Thanks,

-Dustin

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how slow is slow? just a heads up, they are slower than the newer cars...
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
how slow is slow? just a heads up, they are slower than the newer cars...

Really slow...Like once per second....

Heres a quick video....

-

[ July 31, 2008, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to say thats about how fast mine blink in my 93.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

You serious??? I guess I saw Matt's & they seemed alot quicker to me?? [Confused]

--------------------

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yo dustin, thats about how mine are as well. when i get back on friday i'll bring the fox over to compare....
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
yo dustin, thats about how mine are as well. when i get back on friday i'll bring the fox over to compare....

Ok...well i guess that's how they are...seems ridiculous though like how is someone gonna even notice that they are blinking when you wanna do a lane change they blink so slow?? I also never knew that only the inside lights blink & not the corners??? Thats kinda stupid too IMO...I guess thats 80's/90's Ford technology for ya!!! LOL!!!

--------------------

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

Ok...well i guess that's how they are...seems ridiculous though like how is someone gonna even notice that they are blinking when you wanna do a lane change they blink so slow?? I also never knew that only the inside lights blink & not the corners??? Thats kinda stupid too IMO...I guess thats 80's/90's Ford technology for ya!!! LOL!!!
the lights don't blink THAT slow outside the car. yah, it is kinda dumb about the turn signal.. i've been thinking of re-wiring mine so both lights blink...its easy..
mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastercudaz  Ford pictures for mastercudaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 90 is the same speed, I always thought it was too slow as well, but other friends were the same.

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

the lights don't blink THAT slow outside the car. yah, it is kinda dumb about the turn signal.. i've been thinking of re-wiring mine so both lights blink...its easy..
Mine blink that slow outside of the car though...

--------------------

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wen they start to blink slow, that means its about to go. replace it. mine was doin the same thng and once i replaced it, they blinked kwikly. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastercudaz  Ford pictures for mastercudaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have replaced all the bulbs in my car and they blink that slow outside as well too.

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's an alternator problem, you aren't getting enough juice at idle with the stock one, my blinkers got a whole lot faster when I switched to a `95GT 3g alternator, and upgraded the engine ground.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
behind ur center console (towards the front of your engine) there is a light blue relay that controls the intermittency of your turn signals. [Big Grin]

--------------------
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
it's an alternator problem, you aren't getting enough juice at idle with the stock one, my blinkers got a whole lot faster when I switched to a `95GT 3g alternator, and upgraded the engine ground.

two things: he wasnt at idle. he was doing 60 MPH in the video. second, i had a 170 amp 3G alt in my old 93 gt and it still blinked the same speed.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

So is it a relay problem or an alternator issue??

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

+1 i changed my stock alt for a 130amp 3g. and now mine blink at a normal rate. before with the stock they almost wouldn't blink at all.

[ July 31, 2008, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Mine was a relay problem on my '91 an '88 [Big Grin]

--------------------
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dustin heres where your flasher is.it only costs a couple bucks

-

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:
dustin heres where your flasher is.it only costs a couple bucks

-

I already tried to replace that if that is the "Flasher tube". it didnt change anything?

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check your grounds near the lights and engine bay

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:
check your grounds near the lights and engine bay

Ok...I will try that next...

--------------------

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u rev the engine a little does it blink faster?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:

reving or voltage drop has nothing to do with it. do you rev your motor to get your window down faster?

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:

reving or voltage drop has nothing to do with it. do you rev your motor to get your window down faster?
my `91 vert with a stock alternator blinks slower at idle than when rev'd, same with rolling the windows up and down. It has everything to do with voltage drop, the stock alternator puts out about 40amps at idle with stock pulleys, less with underdrives.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com