Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » fox battery relocation

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: fox battery relocation
PSYCHOSTANG408
¯
Member # 3950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PSYCHOSTANG408  Ford pictures for PSYCHOSTANG408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any pointers on how/where to route the cables?? or how to make it look cleaner under the hood... thanks
Posts: 49 | From: SAN JOSE, CA. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stick it in the trunk or spare tire compartment and run the cables down the frame.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

7-Up Man
¯
Member # 8345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7-Up Man  Ford pictures for 7-Up Man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Search this forum for some details on this. There is a kit you can buy for relocating the battery. It includes all the wiring and hardware to relocate the starter relay to the trunk. This is far safer than running a constant hot wire all the way to the front along the frame. Any rubbing or chafing and that battery will turn your car into a glowing fireball. I'll try to get the names and add to this post.

--------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." -Red Green

Posts: 93 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
7-Up Man
¯
Member # 8345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7-Up Man  Ford pictures for 7-Up Man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK, get a battery box from Summit. Get the cable to run from the starter relay to the starter from any welding supply shop. 25' of 0 guage should be fine. then get the kit from MAD Enterprises. If you have a 93 or newer or are planning on upgrading to the new Ford starter, get a relay kit from him also it will prevent the starter from becoming a generator when it is spinning down.

$300+ later and you are ready to install. It will be the best and safest way to do this.

--------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." -Red Green

Posts: 93 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
norcalstangman
¯
Member # 8387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalstangman  Ford pictures for norcalstangman  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 93 fox and i upgraded to the small starter. and i relocated my battery to the trunk. hooked the bat to starter relay to starter. i havent had any problems since.
Posts: 444 | From: san mateo, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went to home depot an got the wire...you could route the wire thru your fender then have it run by the side of your seat under the carpet to the trunk..get a battery box or make your own..then ground it somewhere in your trunk

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com