Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » carb. question?????? for the people not fuel injected...lol.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: carb. question?????? for the people not fuel injected...lol.
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i just got a free used stock holley 4150 double pumper carb and have been rebuilding it. im wondering since i have it all apart should i start buying a few extra things. ive been looking around and noticed the pro-form air horn and billet base plate & billet metering blocks. ive used the air horn on my last carb and liked it, question i have: has anybody ever used the base plate or metering blocks? are they worth the price? notice any difference for the money? about $140 for the base plate and $80 ea. for metering blocks

-

-

-

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
85gtcarbro8du-up
¯
Member # 5169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85gtcarbro8du-up  Ford pictures for 85gtcarbro8du-up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you start buying a few extra parts you might as well just build a whole seperate carb. if your trying just tryin to freshen up the 4150 then just grab a rebuild kit for it. otherwise you'll most likely end up with 2 of everything.

--------------------
weiand blown 302 with all the goodies

too many horses and ft lbs for a t-5. looks like rebuild or upgrade time

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guess your right..lol... i will basically be builing a carb in parts.... ive been doing some reading about some of those options and im just gonna stick with the chokeless air horn. the rest is pretty much worthless for my tunning capabilites... i dont plan on getting a dyno tune by a professional, just doing it old fashion with spark plugs...

[ July 12, 2008, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

85gtcarbro8du-up
¯
Member # 5169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85gtcarbro8du-up  Ford pictures for 85gtcarbro8du-up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gotcha. i was thinkin the same way. then when the blower came into the equation i decided to step it up a bit and go with a wide band. worked great!

--------------------
weiand blown 302 with all the goodies

too many horses and ft lbs for a t-5. looks like rebuild or upgrade time

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

how do you like that weiand?? \

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com