Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Any good body shops or resto shops in San Francisco Bay Area?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any good body shops or resto shops in San Francisco Bay Area?
Mercedez
¯
Member # 8443

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Mercedez  Ford pictures for Mercedez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is for the 87-93 Mustangs. I have not had any luck in finding a good body shop. In fact a body shop did work on some collision damage and did a very shoddy repair but my insurance company told me to find another bodyshop. But it has been very difficult as it seems that alot of bodyshops will not touch your car if it was worked on by another shop even though insurance says they are paying. I feel comfortable with a resto shop because they know the car well and can get parts. Unlike these high production body shops that get you in and get you out quick to make more $$$$ This last shoddy shop took them a month to find parts. [Eek!] [BS flag] and I have orange peels, swirls, scratches and paint blemishes that they said is normal. [BS flag] [Mad] [Mad]
Posts: 11 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmmmn.. I know someone who paints cars. [Cool]
Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Mercedez
¯
Member # 8443

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercedez  Ford pictures for Mercedez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It has to be an established paint shop with BAR postings as the insurance company will come down to the shop of my choice so I need a legit good body shop [Roll Eyes]
Bronco Man
¯
Member # 8401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronco Man  Ford pictures for Bronco Man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bob Hope in Fremont near NUMI plant. I think it's on Enterprise off of grimmer.

--------------------
Hillars4xLube.com
Contact me anytime for questions... 510-857-7282

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to maximum auto body on valencia street in san francisco they do the best work ive seen they pay attention to detail and they dont cut any corners
[patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
International Sport Motors...
http://www.ismotors.com/

They are a Geico direct. And work well with other insurance companies. Talk to Giovanni.(owner)
This shop has a 100k down draft spray booth. And they use Glasurit water base paint. I'd say it doesn't get much better than this for a Mustang! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Mercedez
¯
Member # 8443

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercedez  Ford pictures for Mercedez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! This shop does it all and they should have no problems for a 20 year old car and getting parts? [Confused]
Mercedez
¯
Member # 8443

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mercedez  Ford pictures for Mercedez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ANY OTHER GOOD SHOPS OR RESTORATION SHOPS OUT THERE THAT KNOW ABOUT THESE 87 TO 93 MUSTANGS?
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

"If" you do have insurance. Getting parts shouldn't be a big deal. And a big.."If" the owner of the shop is willing to take the job in... don't worry about parts.(not your problem)
Insurance companies usually give the body shop a detailed list of how much and exactly where to get parts. i.e. http://www.lkqcorp.com/home/home.asp

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

I don't know of anyone that specializes in those cars. But I was tryin' to send you to a QUALITY shop.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Mercedez
¯
Member # 8443

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mercedez  Ford pictures for Mercedez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you very much for the info. [worship] [patriot] There is no shop on that list which is within reasonable distance to me. One thing for sure the body shop that keep my car for over a month said they had trouble getting parts for my car and did a shoddy job to boot. Other shops have noted their work on my car car and said I am not being picky just that the shop does shoddy work. Don't know why though they kept it for a month. I would never go back there again or recommend them in fact they are a direct service provider for the insurance company. [Confused] [BS flag]
Mercedez
¯
Member # 8443

Does anyone out there know what is the criteria of finding a good body shop? I know one owner who may have many shops or a franchise with fancy clean offices with receptionists are all red flags to me because that was the kind of shop that screwed up my car. They are those high volume, high production body shops that want to get you in fast and out fast. I do try to see their end result of the kind of work they do if they have those completed cars around. It seems to be that alot of these shops like to say they are endorsed by Lexus or a Lexus dealership, Diamond Certified, Certified First Network. Then there are those body shops with a small staff but you can see that they have a working shop not pretty or fancy.
Is there certain criteria one would look for in finding a good shop? Certainly Bureau of Automotive Repair in this state won't help you or disclose which shops they have the most problems with. The BBB list seems like everyone is on that list. Unless you have a lot of friends that have good things to say but I don't.

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

I have been painting cars for 18 years... I can't tell you what you want to hear.(May get into slander)
A friend of a friend has a fox body and wants a sexy black paint job. He asked me what I thought of Towne Ford(Redwood City). I told him it was a good idea to take a Mustang to a Ford Dealer. They quoted him at $7,000. 3 weeks to finish it. I said sounds good. Also, I told him they use Spies Hecker.
I have not seen the inside of their shop. I have no idea what kind of work they do. But I would say.. For an old Mustang. Why not? Maybe this helps?

[ June 07, 2008, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: gt from 650 ]

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

When I worked at ISM... The customer satisfaction was at 92%. They had a book in the office that anyone could look at.
The way this works is: after every customer picks up their vehicle... They fill out a questionnaire. (CSI) Questions like..was your car repaired up to your satisfaction? Was it returned to you on time? Was it clean? stuff like that. Then they ask how do you rate the repair. I may not have explained this 100% accurate. But you get the idea.
So... I recommend asking the person in the office for their CSI book.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Mercedez
¯
Member # 8443

That is the Diamond service if a shop gets good ratings from its customers the shop gets to be on their list. This diamond service sends out surveys to the customers and follow up.
xap6kov
¯
Member # 7985

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xap6kov  Ford pictures for xap6kov    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
chows automotive, on 7th st in san francisco. small shop, great work, great people.
Posts: 28 | From: San Francisco/Foster City | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Mercedez
¯
Member # 8443

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mercedez  Ford pictures for Mercedez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info.
7-Up Man
¯
Member # 8345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7-Up Man  Ford pictures for 7-Up Man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to Superior Automotive on 16th and Valencia. Talk to Fred Sanchez. He is the manager and his shop does great work.

Tell him Bill from BART sent you.

--------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." -Red Green

Posts: 93 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
since we're talking about body work and paint, who has the hook up?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Mercedez
¯
Member # 8443

thanks..i have checked out 7 shops so far the big fancy ones with computers and receptionists and the small shops with less than 10 employees.
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Its none of my business but what are you trying to accomplish? Doing a survey or something? [Confused]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com