Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » annoying beep when the car is on

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: annoying beep when the car is on
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm not sure what happened but it happened after i changed out my gauge cluster/ installed an air/fuel meter in my 1990 gt, everytime you start the car it beeps 3 times in a row about 7 times any random ideas? just goes beep beep beep, beep beep beep, you get the idea

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
air bag?
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i removed the air bag

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by OneBadHatch:
i removed the air bag

BINGO
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

how do i make it stop?
7-Up Man
¯
Member # 8345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7-Up Man  Ford pictures for 7-Up Man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I searched on the internet and located this site. airbag deactivate

This site has a section at the bottom on how to properly remove all the airbags and the part number for the part that is a simulator.

Let me know if this works as I am going to put in a 1989 steering column and will need to do this also probably.

--------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." -Red Green

Posts: 93 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
7-Up Man
¯
Member # 8345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7-Up Man  Ford pictures for 7-Up Man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually found this site that sheds a little different light on it. Check it out too.

Autozone airbag deactivate

--------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." -Red Green

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

where can i buy one of those at?

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

7-Up Man
¯
Member # 8345

Read my last posting and you will see that just jumping 2 wires in the airbag connector should trick the car that the airbag is connected.

--------------------

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It did that on my brothers 90 he just took the blue airbag controller box out from behind the dash I think it was
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastercudaz  Ford pictures for mastercudaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 on removing the module, its behind the stereo box

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

where is it exactly?

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look for a blue box about the size of a small sandwich (the kind you would make at home, not Togos), behind the stereo. If you peer into the space behind the stereo under the dash panel, you should see it easily. Unplug it, disconnect the mounts, and pull it out.

It's a big ugly thing that all it does is beep.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your airbag light will also stay on, in the gauge cluster. If that annoys you, reach around behind the cluster and locate the offending bulb, and remove it.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com