Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 95 t-5 onto 90 block

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 95 t-5 onto 90 block
306MAVERICK
¯
Member # 7831

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306MAVERICK  Ford pictures for 306MAVERICK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fellow Ford lovers,
workin on a 95 GT,didnt have an engine in it, ive got a 90 5.0 engine but still using the 95 t-5. Had a problem a while ago with a similar setup with the input shaft sleeve on the tranny rubbing on the crank causing the motor to seize once the bellhousing bolts were tightened,ended up trading that tranny for the right one never actually figured out the problem.Ive heard that the 95 tranny has a different shaft and sleeve? Is it possible to just swap the sleeve and shaft to the earlier t-5?If I could would the clutch and fork be the same as the earlier t-5 also? Your input is greatly appreciated. Take it easy fellas and Happy Friday. [patriot]

--------------------
74 Maverick-12.70@105mph 1.8860 ft(rear suspension mods awaiting installation)
64 Falcon-Fuel Injected 5.0(project)
RICHMOND MUSCLE CAR CLUB

2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fstfru  Ford pictures for 2fstfru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want to use a 94-95 t-5 onto a foxbody you would have to use the 94-95 bell housing.

--------------------
SPEED KILLS!....Drive a Chevy live FOREVER!

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The input shaft is longer on the 94-95 t5. Not sure about the bearing retainer(sleeve). You can buy a new input shaft or use the correct bellhousing. D&D performance has the parts you need and can answer any transmission related questions.
306MAVERICK
¯
Member # 7831

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306MAVERICK  Ford pictures for 306MAVERICK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanx for the info,I might be fine because on the last one I had a problem with i was trying to use an 89 bellhousing with a 94 tranny,i have the 95 bellhousing this time so it might work. Ill try it out and see how it works. [patriot]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com