Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cowl panel damage (hood flew up)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cowl panel damage (hood flew up)
925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need my cowl panel fixed its a little dent not bad though. My hood flew up and damged that area a bit and cracked the black plastic grille.

any ideas on where to start? the hood is repairable i think.

GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear about this all the time! Were you using the factory latches or what?
TOPnotch
¯
Member # 1340

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOPnotch  Ford pictures for TOPnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah very common. If the hood is a stock 5.0 steel hood if there is any damage at all just replace it. It will be cheaper to replace it with a good used parts body work is expensive. You should be able to find a stock hood in nice shape for $50-$100 maybe even the same color if your lucky. As for the cowl any local body shop should be able to fix it depending on the amount of damage be prepaired to pay about $400-$1000 to have it fixed right. Good luck!

--------------------
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgoten!!!

1QWKCHP
1QWKDRP

30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha this happend to me.
i got a stock black hood for you for 60
comes with latch too.

i heard you gotta plasma cut it out and weld the new one in.... sucks

--------------------
SUCCESS ONLY COMES BEFORE WORK IN THE DICTIONARY

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i used the factory latch and hinges. I believe it didnt fully lock when closed. The hood is repairable but I still need the cowl area touched up.

ttt for a shop

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com