Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Just Got a Fix It Ticket, can anyone help?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Just Got a Fix It Ticket, can anyone help?
01 GT
¯
Member # 7932

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for 01 GT  Ford pictures for 01 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there a way to get out of it? i got a ticket for my windows being too dark but on the paper the guy wrote that i have a 2007 grey mustang, but i have a 2001 silver mustang?
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ANY mistakes like that are usually a way out of a ticket... did he mess up your license plate number or anything else??? you may have a case.

if not... i might have a good friend who may be able to help you out with getting it signed off [Wink]

lol

Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln
¯
Member # 7637

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln  Ford pictures for Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got one about 6 years ago, from CHP and the peckerwood wrote me for the $87 ticket instead of the $12 fixit ticket. no points just money. I had to remove the tint. I was never required to have it inspected to verify the tint was off, but if the same pig pulls you over again, and you still have tinted windows your screwed.
Sorry

--------------------
Son, Ya gonna drive me to drinkin if ya don't stop driving that Hot--Rod--Lincoln.

Posts: 46 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Xplosive22
¯
Member # 8210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xplosive22  Ford pictures for Xplosive22    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personally I would either remove the tint or get another set of front windows to replace them with. In the cases were I've gotten fix-it tickets here in the bay area I've had to have them all inspected and signed off. That makes a big difference. You may just be able to pay the $10 or $12 fine without an officer signature. If you find a lazy officer like I did at the local courthouse then you might have it easy.
Posts: 20 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, if you have any friend's who are cops they can sign it off for you [Smile]

However, you may just want to get the side and front tint removed. I was constantly harassed by cops when I had the side windows on my '92 tinted.

It's not worth constantly getting pulled over IMO.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobraboy:
ANY mistakes like that are usually a way out of a ticket... did he mess up your license plate number or anything else??? you may have a case.

if not... i might have a good friend who may be able to help you out with getting it signed off [Wink]

lol

That's an urban myth.

Don't you think 2001 might look like 2007? There is 4 copies to those citations so yours may look slightly different from the original.

It sucks you can't have ANY tint on the windows from the driver seat forward, but, that's the law and we aren't going to convinvce anyone else otherwise.

If you have a friend sign it off and the same cop finds you again with tinted windows, your correctable citation just became non-correctable AND possibly a moving violation. So be careful and good luck.

--------------------
quote:
Just your average turbo'd Mustang 530 rwhp 550 rwtq

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can't expect to slip under the radar when you have limo tint on your entire windshield..... honestly, you might as well set the car on fire and to 120 down the freeway to get pulled over quicker. The cops are all over tint and having EVERY window in your car that dark will have you pulled over constantly. Every offense will end up costing more and more money, by getting it signed off and then getting pulled over again and again for the same thing is just saying "fuck you" to them and their laws..... just pull off the tint and go legit.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we all called it: told u so

i mean i got 50% on all my windows including the windshield and with my car being tripple black it still looks dark at night. i recently got pulled over but i got lucky he didnt notice the windshield... dude was hella cool...let me go and gave me a tip.... told me to get a dr's note either eye or skin that allows you to have your cars front windows tinted. havent tried it yet..but will soon. this was in contra costa by the way.

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:

i mean i got 50% on all my windows including the windshield and with my car being tripple black it still looks dark at night. i recently got pulled over but i got lucky he didnt notice the windshield... dude was hella cool...let me go and gave me a tip.... told me to get a dr's note either eye or skin that allows you to have your cars front windows tinted. havent tried it yet..but will soon. this was in contra costa by the way.

The Dr prescription is misunderstood. Yes you can have a sun screening device applied to your window, only the side windows, with a Dr's prescription. The catch is it has to be temporary in nature. Whichs means is is removable. Not plastic tint applied to a window. Your only choice is the rather ugly roll up sun screen that old folks have on their cars.

--------------------
quote:

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MAXPSI:
quote:

The Dr prescription is misunderstood. Yes you can have a sun screening device applied to your window, only the side windows, with a Dr's prescription. The catch is it has to be temporary in nature. Whichs means is is removable. Not plastic tint applied to a window. Your only choice is the rather ugly roll up sun screen that old folks have on their cars.
and how do you know this? im just sayin cuz this is what the cop said. he even sais he knows people that have gotten the note after his recomendation. he just said u will still have to deal with gettin pulled over and showing the note.
nsty_2000
¯
Member # 7921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nsty_2000  Ford pictures for nsty_2000    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fix it tickets are for bored cops [BS flag] alsmost as bad as my friend's jay-walking ticket haha! i got a fix it ticket for no front licence plate while my car was parked on the street! super bs, but i found a lady cop who was hella chill about the sitiation and signed it off [patriot]

--------------------
2000 GT- 373s comming soon/shift kit/stall
2000 Accord- L7 15'/Diamond D3 1000.1
caraudio.com "2kaccord"

Posts: 109 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

and how do you know this? im just sayin cuz this is what the cop said. he even sais he knows people that have gotten the note after his recomendation. he just said u will still have to deal with gettin pulled over and showing the note.
It has to be 100% removable. It's stated in the Vehicle Code.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a ticket for my windows being "too dark" got a fine in the mail, paid it, done windows still 35%!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just get lighter tint done thats all. i have 20% all around (not the windwhield) and i can still see out good...and its not that dark so you wont screwed with, but has a good smoke to it...or just roll your windows down...kinda like how i punch the clutch to bring the rpm down when i drive by police since i'm running an off-road pipe on both my ponies...haha

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so can i or can't i have have 5% all around besides the windshield if i have a doctors note? i do take medicine that says avoid exposure to sunlight and shit like that.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
so can i or can't i have have 5% all around besides the windshield if i have a doctors note? i do take medicine that says avoid exposure to sunlight and shit like that.

You can't from what i read in this post.
Fix-it tickets are for cops that are bored i got one on New Years day for window tint and no front plate. It sucked. The cop looked hella bored when he drove by me and the immediately pulled over for me to pass him so he could pull me over.

[ March 18, 2008, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:

Fix-it tickets are for cops that are bored i got one on New Years day for window tint and no front plate. It sucked. The cop looked hella bored when he drove by me and the immediately pulled over for me to pass him so he could pull me over.

aren't u a firefighter though, u cant get out of shit like that?

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:

aren't u a firefighter though, u cant get out of shit like that?
Yeah i am but i don't have a badge yet which would help and CHP officers don't care anyways.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

CA law for tint is %30 can be blocked. Since the late 80's most cars have come with some coloring in the glass and treatments that block the harmfull stuff that causes most types of skin issues. If you were to put a tint meter (some cops have them) on your window it would generally read between 23-27% blocked. So if California law is %30 blocked then you really can't put any on your windows, which sucks BTW.

Three reasons why Cops don't like tint.

1. They can't see in your car. Don't need top explain that it's an officer safety issue for them.

2. The windows behind the windshield are designed to break into tiny pieces of glass that won't hurt you (tempered). They might cut you slightly but it's really minor. By applying the tint it makes the glass stick together on the tinting plastic which causes a flying piece of glass in some circumstances, negating the effect of the tempered glass. This can cause huge cuts and other damage. Can you imagine a large piece of flying plastic with small pieces of sharp glass hitting you in the face?

3. At night or in bad weather you can't see out your window as well as you can without the tint. CA always errors on the side of safety and goes a little overboard with the tint law IMO.

--------------------
quote:

nsty_2000
¯
Member # 7921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nsty_2000  Ford pictures for nsty_2000    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
CA law for tint is %30 can be blocked. Since the late 80's most cars have come with some coloring in the glass and treatments that block the harmfull stuff that causes most types of skin issues. If you were to put a tint meter (some cops have them) on your window it would generally read between 23-27% blocked. So if California law is %30 blocked then you really can't put any on your windows, which sucks BTW.

Three reasons why Cops don't like tint.

1. They can't see in your car. Don't need top explain that it's an officer safety issue for them.

2. The windows behind the windshield are designed to break into tiny pieces of glass that won't hurt you (tempered). They might cut you slightly but it's really minor. By applying the tint it makes the glass stick together on the tinting plastic which causes a flying piece of glass in some circumstances, negating the effect of the tempered glass. This can cause huge cuts and other damage. Can you imagine a large piece of flying plastic with small pieces of sharp glass hitting you in the face?

3. At night or in bad weather you can't see out your window as well as you can without the tint. CA always errors on the side of safety and goes a little overboard with the tint law IMO.

[worship]

--------------------
2000 GT- 373s comming soon/shift kit/stall
2000 Accord- L7 15'/Diamond D3 1000.1
caraudio.com "2kaccord"

Posts: 109 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com