Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Typoon Intake Claims 25RWHP.Are they full of bull?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Typoon Intake Claims 25RWHP.Are they full of bull?
01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01GT#1STUNA  Ford pictures for 01GT#1STUNA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im currently looken to upgrade my upper Intake manifold. Im runnin pro charger 14to15 psi on my 4.6 2v built short block,stock heads and cams no cats strate through exshuast and all the bolt ons.Theres three intake manifolds i have been looken at Typhoon ($499)which claims 25rwhp,P-51 ($799) which claims 35rwhp with my mods and Trick Flow ($799)that claims more power from 1500 to 6500 rpm. Of course my first choice is the bullit intake but for one i dont have 1500 to spend right now and second i will have to change a couple other things to make it work. Not worth it to me unless i get the playa price on one for like 700 800 hun. probably aint gonna happen any time soon.I just need to no which of the 3 intakes i listed above is "THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK". Any knowlegde will be really appreciated. Thanks  -

--------------------
PROCHARGED 01 GT 465RWHP 475RWTQ 15.5 POUNDS OF BOOST.THIS MONSTER IS BUILT FROM THE FLOOR UP.BUILT NOT BOUGHT."TOTAL PACKAGE"

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MM&FF had dyno results for the Trick Flow and Typhoon intakes. You should see if you can pick up these old mags and check out the results. Seems like the Trick Flow didn't add very much power IMO. I think the Typhoon tested pretty good altough I don't know the quality of their stuff.

EDIT: You should also check to make sure that the trick flow intake doesn't have any mounting restrictions with your blower. I know that you will have to change a couple of parts if you install the bullitt

[ December 31, 2007, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: 92stangLX ]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had th typhoon intake and it worked well. the only thing you need to do is clean up the runners, and tats it. for the price its worth it imo.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01GT#1STUNA  Ford pictures for 01GT#1STUNA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the dyno test in the mag your talken about was for a 2v right.

--------------------
PROCHARGED 01 GT 465RWHP 475RWTQ 15.5 POUNDS OF BOOST.THIS MONSTER IS BUILT FROM THE FLOOR UP.BUILT NOT BOUGHT."TOTAL PACKAGE"

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

you said the typhoon worked well for you.did you use it with boost or natural. and how much horse power did you pick up?

--------------------

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've heard good things about the p51 intake. i also talked to a guy who had one on his gt at the cafords carshow earlier this year. he had full bolt-ons but he was going turbo instead..

i don't trust the quality of the typhoon.. and the trickflow is a tad pricey to me.. looks like a ported bullit intake..

Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
r3dn3ck
¯
Member # 3192

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r3dn3ck  Ford pictures for r3dn3ck  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
typhoon is 100% crap. Had one, too bad to bother using.

www.hiperformancesolutions.com. That's a good intake for blower cars.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement. Via O'Connor

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 01GT#1STUNA:
the dyno test in the mag your talken about was for a 2v right.

Yep, it was the 2v intake
01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

you said you had a typhoon and it was to bad to even bother useing, why? and is the typhoon the same intake as the proffesional.products vesion?

--------------------

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 01GT#1STUNA:
you said the typhoon worked well for you.did you use it with boost or natural. and how much horse power did you pick up?

i had a typhoon for my 5.0 naturaly asperated just a cam and the intake got me 230. 40 over stock [Smile] ... some people say they are junk and blah blah blah.. well those are the few that get deffects. the thing that was bad was the intake runners they are just dirty and alittle rough. just clean them and they are good to go. jmo [patriot] good luck on the choice

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Jessie P
¯
Member # 7073

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie P  Ford pictures for Jessie P    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say wait alittle bit. I hear on the horizon that both edlebrock and BBK are in the works of releasing a few manifolds. I will get the link for you and post it up!

--------------------
Member of The Track Legion
Know Your Worth... Expect Nothing Less

Posts: 594 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

thanks alot man

--------------------

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best one you have of the three is the P-51, then the Trick Flow, then the Prof. Pro. Typhoon.

I wouldnt even waste the time and money on the Typhoon. It is an exact replica of a stock manifold just made of metal and portable, plus it is made in China so the quality is hit or miss. I've heard of some fitment issues and poor quality.

The Trickflow is a great start but from the same price or a lil bit more, you can get the P-51 that has a greater flow rate than the Trick Flow and it is still portable.

[ January 03, 2008, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Pittsburg Mustang Owner ]

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
Best one you have of the three is the P-51, then the Trick Flow, then the Prof. Pro. Typhoon.

I wouldnt even waste the time and money on the Typhoon. It is an exact replica of a stock manifold just made of metal and portable, plus it is made in China so the quality is hit or miss. I've heard of some fitment issues and poor quality.

The Trickflow is a great start but from the same price or a lil bit more, you can get the P-51 that has a greater flow rate than the Trick Flow and it is still portable.

I don't have any experience with the 2v manifolds but from what I understand most of them pretty much kill low end torque and power on a motor with stock heads and cams. I read the dyno results on the Trick Flow and it didn't look that impressive on the motor that it was tested on (I beleive it was stock heads, cams, and a blower).

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com