Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » is it possible for drive shaft to rub the whole tranny tunnal?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: is it possible for drive shaft to rub the whole tranny tunnal?
306 fifty
¯
Member # 6749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306 fifty  Ford pictures for 306 fifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 92 lx hatch that has ford motor sport lowering springs in the front and when theres three people in the car it sounds like a scraping sound coming from the middle of the car and when i looked under the car and at the drive shaft you can see the scratches . then i talked to a guy from Stockton and he said that it not possible for that to happen he said that it would be my tires. so is it possible for drive shaft to rub the transmission?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the driveshaft can easily rub several places in the trans tunnel if the car is riding low in the rear.

get your friends some bus passes [Wink]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
306 fifty
¯
Member # 6749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306 fifty  Ford pictures for 306 fifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forget that ill tell them to buy their own bus passes. would that happen with stock springs in the back?
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does your E-brake work? Typically I see this when the E-brake is broke...and everything is hanging in the tunnel.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1bdpone
¯
Member # 6708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bdpone  Ford pictures for 1bdpone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with John. My mustang had the same problem. It turned out to be the E brake lines were not properly in the clips, causing the cables to hang down. The lines should pop into retainer clips under the car in the tunnel.
Posts: 182 | From: Tri Valley | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
306 fifty
¯
Member # 6749

well i have a five lug conversion and i need longer cables than stock .but my e brake retainer clips are pulled up against the under body would that still be the case?:

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com