Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 98 Cobra Vert Dyno Graph

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 98 Cobra Vert Dyno Graph
Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00005176

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
amazing, but you arent losing 25% through your drivetrain. more like 15-18 if its a manual. but very nice
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice, I wonder why they put 3850# for the weight [Confused] Doesn't that skew the #'s ?

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01GT#1STUNA  Ford pictures for 01GT#1STUNA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im runnin 14 psi on my stang on 91.ive been useing octane boosters like lucas, nos,and turbo 108 with every fill up. how does that Torco additive compare to what im useing?  -

--------------------
PROCHARGED 01 GT 465RWHP 475RWTQ 15.5 POUNDS OF BOOST.THIS MONSTER IS BUILT FROM THE FLOOR UP.BUILT NOT BOUGHT."TOTAL PACKAGE"

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tinner:
nice, I wonder why they put 3850# for the weight [Confused] Doesn't that skew the #'s ?

not by much, its a sn95 vert, im sure its close to that.
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It has been on a diet and is more like 3600-3700 lbs with Larry in it. I think he has been to a scale.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry! According to the engineers at Mustang Dyno ,the loss is 25% on the Cora R 6 speed and Mccloud twin disc clutch set up.

They claim, there are too many myths about drive train loss floating around. Mustang and Fast fords did a comparison pull with a std. tranny an Auto....the std. loss more rwhp than the Auto in this trial.

[ December 22, 2007, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Torco is a fuel accelator,not an octane boost. One can of Torco added to 91 octane on 7 Gal of gas will net you about 104 octane..this has been proven(they do advertise this hp gain on 10 gal but not the case)...a lot depends on your heads and fuel deliver,and of course the efficiency of the motor.
From what I have read,the fuel boosters you are using would be lucky to raise your octane by one point.

[ December 22, 2007, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Car has been over the scale at 3480 bare. With me in the car weighs 3665,Don is right on.

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01GT#1STUNA  Ford pictures for 01GT#1STUNA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
By useing those octane boosters on every fill up.will it in anyway wear down my motor or damage it?

--------------------
PROCHARGED 01 GT 465RWHP 475RWTQ 15.5 POUNDS OF BOOST.THIS MONSTER IS BUILT FROM THE FLOOR UP.BUILT NOT BOUGHT."TOTAL PACKAGE"

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

I don't know why you would want to use an Octane Booster, which at very best only gives you one octane.

Go on line and check out Torco fuel products.

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

yea man ive already researched torco mach fuel accelerater and i really want to try some. its just ive been useing these octane boosters for about 5 full tanks. and i seen a post that said octane boosters cause your seals to prematurely crack and leak. is that true?

--------------------

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Yes,I've heard the same thing,supposed to be very hard on the seals.

Have you noticed a differance with the Octane Boosters you are using.You realize you have to have a tune with extra timing to accomodate higer Octane...otherwise just adding a booster (assuming its giving you higher octane) you could actually lose HP without proper timing...higher octane burns slower.

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Yes,I've heard the same thing,supposed to be very hard on the seals.

Have you noticed a differance with the Octane Boosters you are using.You realize you have to have a tune with extra timing to accomodate higer Octane...otherwise just adding a booster (assuming its giving you higher octane) you could actually lose HP without proper timing...higher octane burns slower.

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

my tune is set for 91.i was told that running a higher octane with my 91 octane tune will be better/safer for my engine.my tuner did not say i would loose HP. in fact on 91 octane my car pulled 410 rwhp.then i wanted to add a 100 octane tune on my sct programer for the track. so i added 100 to my tank still on the dyno.we did another base run with no changes and the car made 420 rwhp. but at 5600rpm the belt was slippen and we lost boost. now i have to fix that problem before i go back for that 100 octane tune.you dont loose HP if i run higher octane at least for my car that is

[ December 22, 2007, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: 01GT#1STUNA ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com