Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » head and cam ?????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: head and cam ?????
DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiamondWHT5OH  Ford pictures for DiamondWHT5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will afr 185 fit a stock 302 without haveing to get pistions notched with a e303 and 1.6 rocker arms???????
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They don't even work with the stock cam without notching. Mine are notched with the F cam & 185's. That is why most people go with the 165's with the stock block.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is some info I ran across so I stand corrected.
[patriot]

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=974060

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

allmotor65stang
¯
Member # 6668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for allmotor65stang  Ford pictures for allmotor65stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im going to say the same thing i say everytime! you dont have to do anything to your pistons if you get a custom cam, i ran afr 185s with a jay allen custom cam in my stock short block 89 gt, the cam was spec'd at 579-579 214-224, on a 116 lobe sep, it had the same ammount of ptv as the stock cam! believe it or not! if the cam if spec'd for the combo you wont need to touch the pistons!

posted up bye 95conv5.0..

also my buddy did a ptv check with a cam speced as a f cam with little more duration and his ptv was good..

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com