Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » hard start fixed.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: hard start fixed.
jp
¯
Member # 8045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp  Ford pictures for jp  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So ive been having problems with my car hard starting and i replaced the egr valve the map sensor the fuel pump coil and maf sensor and the egr postion sensor, all with same problem it also had the check engine light coming and it would idle at 1500 and take forevr to come down. So I took it to work today and put it on the scope found the tps voltage all over the board. replaced that and idling went down but still had codes that would come and go and the hard start. But from the start one of the ca members john was telling me the whole time it was my ten pin conectors but i thought since it had the recall sticker on it that wasnt the problem. But today while looking at it work I called john and with out a heistation he took time out of his day to help me threw my problem. It turned out that the ten pin was the problem it just had a band aid. some one had ziped tied them togather and slapped a sticker on it. He wlked me threw the proccess and it fixed my check engine light that wes storing egr code map sensor code and even smoothed out the idle right away. I would like to thank john for talking to me and taking time out of his day and some times nights to help a complete stranger.
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, John is a stand up guy! In Heaven he will have a HUGE jeweled crown, while I will have just a leather strap with a feather in it (at least that is what my wife always tells me).

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks jp. Glad it is fixed. Let the hot rodding begin
ps it is spelled jon.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com