Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HPS 5.4 2v mustang intake update and other news

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HPS 5.4 2v mustang intake update and other news
r3dn3ck
¯
Member # 3192

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for r3dn3ck  Ford pictures for r3dn3ck  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys:

Forgive this going in this section but it seems most appropriate since there will be plenty of tech ?'s on it:

As I announced some time back, HPS is making a 5.4L 2v mustang intake that'll fit under a stock hood. It's hopefully going to pop on the market around new-years. HPS would like to get a rough count of those that are interested in being among the first to get theirs. This is intended to make sure that enough (but not too many) are produced in the initial run.

Pricing should be in the 600-800 range. There is no commitment in saying yes. We just need to get the right number ordered from the foundry.

If you're interested, PM me or reply.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement. Via O'Connor

Aereon
¯
Member # 6466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aereon  Ford pictures for Aereon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the intake for 5.4l swapped 2v's only? forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question but it's late and my brain isnt all here(stupid research project)

[ November 07, 2007, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Aereon ]

r3dn3ck
¯
Member # 3192

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r3dn3ck  Ford pictures for r3dn3ck  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sure is. This intake is specifically designed to allow you to put a 5.4 2v into a 96-98 mustang without hood clearance issues and without sacrificing performance like you would with adapter plates.

If you want more power it's a nice way to go. I also know a guy in Sonora that does engine swaps cheap and very well. He's done my 4.6-5.4 swap and boy I tell you what... dude is a great person and a skilled wrench.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement. Via O'Connor

r3dn3ck
¯
Member # 3192

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r3dn3ck  Ford pictures for r3dn3ck  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g164/redfodora/swap/?action=view¤t=489de55e.pbw

^^^ Linky to pics of the swap.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com