Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car audio

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car audio
408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has anyone ever tried putting components in the back of there hatch. if yes did it sound good and were would the tweeters go.

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastercudaz  Ford pictures for mastercudaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I currently have a sub in the floor of my hatch and the amp sitting next to it. Once the sub is in the floor it makes pretty decent bass, but my sub is waaay under powered.

I have the back speaks and some midrange in the doors, but you could put the tweeters on either side of the dash, that was the stock location in 6 speaker cars I think [Big Grin]

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so put the tweeters were the 3.5s in the dash go right? wat about tweeters in the back. do u have any picks of you sub in da trunk cuz i wanna put it in the spare tire space.but how hard will that be

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastercudaz  Ford pictures for mastercudaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am currently using it in the spare tire space now too. I put the tweeters in the dash, but the back has 6x8's not just tweets.

The sub I am using is a Alpine Type R. Its pretty underpowered but once in the trunk space it sounds pretty good. I will take a pic of it and post it to you can see

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by foxstang:
so put the tweeters were the 3.5s in the dash go right? wat about tweeters in the back. do u have any picks of you sub in da trunk cuz i wanna put it in the spare tire space.but how hard will that be

paint ur car first biatch! [Big Grin]
Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

fix your tranny first biatch!

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who said it aint in the shop getting fixed right now [Wink]
408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

so does anyone have tweeters in the back

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

it will already sound coo with the tweets in the front and just put the 6x8's in the doors and in the back. really no need to have tweets in front and back ya know.

[ September 25, 2007, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: F8LSN8K ]

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
it will already sound coo with the tweets in the front and just put the 6x8's in the doors and in the back. really no need to have tweets in front and back ya know.

I installed just front speakers and a sub in the back on my 86 and it sounded like shit till I added some rear speakers. You dont get a full sound with just mid and high in front of you, it needs to be all around you with the sub filling in. I wouldnt put tweeters in the hatch area of the car. If you have an 87 up car then just put them in the stock location. If its a pre 87 I'd mount them in the same area as on the newer cars or put the newer inner pannels in the car.

[ September 25, 2007, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why would you want them back there [Confused] Do you regularly have passengers riding in the back?? Install components in the doors and a nice set of replacements in the back with a descent 4channel and you will be good and sound great. you can always add a mono block or 2 ch with a sub also, make sure your deck has 3 preouts

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to achieve the best quality sound you're kinda limit in where you can mount your tweeters on a fox w/out hacking something.
i put the mid drivers in the doors and then the tweeters on the kick panels with some swivel flush mounts so i can direct the tweets as equal distant from my ears as possible or just have them fire to the middle of the car. i leave the rear hatch area as rear fill. they're not as critical as your front sound stage. your best bet is to temporarily mount the tweeters and find where they sound the best.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

thanks for the info i might mount them were the 3.5s go in the dash when i get them

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com