Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Ford Racing valve cover questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ford Racing valve cover questions
CA FiveOh
¯
Member # 7429

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CA FiveOh  Ford pictures for CA FiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was thinking about getting a set of the FRPP valve covers, but am wondering two things:

1) Do the EFI covers come with the baffle on the filler neck?

2) Are they slightly taller than stock so I can still use the baffle with my rocker arms?

I've come to learn that it's wise not to remove that baffle...especially on a supercharged car. Luckily I run an oil catch can on the hose from the filler neck, but I'm pretty sure that with the baffle in place I won't have to worry about it.

Please let me know any experiences you've had with the FRPP 5.0 EFI valve covers. Thanks.

--------------------
91 LX Notch, AFR 165 heads, E303 cam, FRPP Cobra intake, 42lb injectors, intercooled ProCharger P1SC (9 psi), 3.73's, TwEECer RT

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are diffenent types of FMS valve covers. If they are the tall ones (the ones that look kinda square) then you are gonna have clearance issues with your upper intake.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
CA FiveOh
¯
Member # 7429

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CA FiveOh  Ford pictures for CA FiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not talking about the tall ones...I'm talking about the ones that come with the filler neck and say "Mustang Powered By Ford" or "Ford Racing". I need to know if they are slightly taller than stock so they'll clear the rocker arms with the oil fill baffle installed.

Thanks,
Kyle

--------------------
91 LX Notch, AFR 165 heads, E303 cam, FRPP Cobra intake, 42lb injectors, intercooled ProCharger P1SC (9 psi), 3.73's, TwEECer RT

Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im using the Ford Racing one and i had to use a 3/8 spacer on the intake for it to fit .the T/b would hit the valve cover

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are like finned aluminum? if so those may not clear the lifters, they are for older cars

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com