Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Clutch Cable Length?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Clutch Cable Length?
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know what year stangs had the longer clutch cable?

My cable is bad in my 88 race car, so I ordered another one from Summit. It is a Ford Racing cable, # M-7553-C302. This cable is 10 inches shorter that the one that is in the car.

Does anyone know if the longer one is for a different year... or something. Summit Tech is no help at all, and I need a cable tomorrow!

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow 10 inches shorter? Ive read that maximum motorsports has a cable that OEM quality and a little bit longer.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I measured it again compared to the new one. It is 11.25" longer to be exact!
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like u got an carb'd cable

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like u got an carb'd cable

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

What I have is a McLeod #1736 kit.

I ordered it from McLeod a while ago. The kit includes a cable, and a firewall adjuster, and bracket.

B&M recently bought out McLeod... along with Hurst, and jacked the prices up on everything. Jeg's and Summit are no help at all when it comes to having to physicaly go out to the warehouse and measure the cable length difference between all the different cables they offer.

I am going to call McLeod tomorrow, and see what they have to say. I paid $68 for this kit back in 2003... I bet it is double now through them since Summit wants $114 and has to special order it, and Jeg's wants $109 and has none on hand.

I don't see why this crap has to be so hard? Someone has to have a clue as to the difference between these cables... The tech guys at the major parts houses that I have delt with have almost no knowledge of what they are selling besides what is in the book right in front of them.

I am starting to think a C4 would be much easier...

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know the 96+ cables are longer but not sre if it'l be long enough [Confused]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just installed a UPR Triple Hook Quadrant and their adjustable cable, since my stock cable took a shit on me, fit great and only cost $59 for the two of them.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

What I am looking for is the lengthg difference between the 86-95 cables, and the 96 and up cables.
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an 03 Cobra cable in my LX. It works great, and is definately longer than stock but fits fine, and is actually a routed better, in front of the oil filter.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

That is what I am looking for! Do you happen to have a pic of the engine bay so I can see the routing?
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

ur SVO should have a shorter cable on it mine des but the 86 might have changed. try routing like that

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com