Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Local shops in the bay area

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Local shops in the bay area
venommS
¯
Member # 7837

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venommS  Ford pictures for venommS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey everyone I'm obviously a newbie to the site but glad to be on a northern cali forum. Anyways I have a 96 cobra stock block, heads, runnning a Vortech V2-SQ trim blower. I was at the track last night (Infineon) 1st run in my cobra at the track. Midway through my run I knew something went wrong. The car began stumbling with blue smoke from the tail pipes. I had it towed home. and pulled some plugs to try to get a better picture as to what went wrong. (by the way I ran a 12.8) I pulled the four plugs on the driver side one was fouled with fresh oil. I'm thinking it's got to be more then just the fouled plug. I checked the dipstick and oil cap for coolant but found none. I'm sure the problems lies in the cylinder heads possibly a valve. Any ideas?

Also does anyone know a reputable shop? I'm in Vallejo. Sheldon @ Big Boy racing in Fremont installed the blower. The car was tuned by Chris @ BRG racing in Pacheco. I know Sheldon is usually backed up with lots of work so I'm looking for another shop possibly closer to home. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any info. I'm looking forward to meeting members at the track and car shows. Michael

[ August 09, 2007, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: venommS ]

Posts: 104 | From: American Canyon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call Drew or Sean @ Advanced engine development(AED). They do some really good work. (916) 715-7569

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Duncan Motors in vallejo 707-554-4988
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard that HCI in Sac does good work on modulars.

Do a compression test and see what the results are. If you have low compression in one or more cylinders then you could have fucked up the rings.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
PWORLDSTANG
¯
Member # 7779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWORLDSTANG  Ford pictures for PWORLDSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 on the Compression test, and +1 to giving AED a call.

Hope everything turns out coo.

93grbrGT
¯
Member # 6655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93grbrGT  Ford pictures for 93grbrGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+2 on the compression test and follow it up with a leakdown test.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com