Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Draglites 15x8"/5.5" bs with 275/60 tire fit wothout rolling the lips?Edit:PICS below

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Draglites 15x8"/5.5" bs with 275/60 tire fit wothout rolling the lips?Edit:PICS below
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i forgot if u have to roll the outer lips to fit this combo on our foxes. i dont mind having to reverse/remove the quads or masagging the inners, but i dont wanna take any chances messing up the paint by rolling the outer lips. will they fit?

[ August 06, 2007, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: STREETFIGHTER50 ]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will fit just fine.
I'm running 255/60/15s on a 15x8 Draglite with 4.5" backspacing. No quads and no lip roll.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
i forgot if u have to roll the outer lips to fit this combo on our foxes. i dont mind having to reverse/remove the quads or masagging the inners, but i dont wanna take any chances messing up the paint by rolling the outer lips. will they fit?

i have to disagree with the other comment...

I had the same combo and had to roll my fenders on 275/60/15 BFG's....

but that was on intrax 1.5" drop springs tooo...

probably would have worked on stock height...but just barely...

[ July 19, 2007, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: jordan_0806 ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
quote:

was that because u had 4.5" backspace or was it the 5.5"?
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think u should be fine. but thats a tall tire. should look sik though. good luck

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

nope..they were on 5.5 backspacing...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

nope..they were on 5.5 backspacing...
[Mad]

--------------------

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had to roll the lips on the 84 with a 4.5" and 255/60R15 tires, but mine was lowered with a eibach pro-kit.

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

just installed the 275/60's. flipped the quads & massaged a little inside. only very slight rub i hear when goin over certain angles. otherwise drove from sac on the freeway with no rubbing issues.

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let's see some pics!!!
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 5.5 BS and 225/25/15 and they rub when going over bumps

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

i have stock springs on her ryt now. i notice the rubbing goin over driveways @ an angle or over big bumps/dips while cornering! lol! i dont notice any marks on the outer part of the tire. maybe needs a little more massaging on the inners or just remove the quad shocks. i'll post up some pics this weekend.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
i have stock springs on her ryt now. i notice the rubbing goin over driveways @ an angle or over big bumps/dips while cornering! lol! i dont notice any marks on the outer part of the tire. maybe needs a little more massaging on the inners or just remove the quad shocks. i'll post up some pics this weekend.

damn...I hate to say i told ya so....buuut...

good shit though...the stock springs help keep from rubbing a lot...you'll see a huge problem though if you try and drop it....you'll do a lot of massaging after that

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

OK here's some pics:
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very clean car! Thanks for the pics...
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
mike g
¯
Member # 2919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike g  Ford pictures for mike g    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dang that is sexy.

almost the exact same combo i was looking at getting. Glad to know some 275s will fit back there.

--------------------
FOUR EYED PRIDE!!!!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com