Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 03 gt 5sp trans

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 03 gt 5sp trans
xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where is the fill plug. any help appreciated
86redGT
¯
Member # 6961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86redGT  Ford pictures for 86redGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if they are still using the T5's in that year the are on the side of the trans under the car its an allen head bolt

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra
2016 Fiesta ST

xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nah,its not a T5.thanx though
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86redGT:
if they are still using the T5's in that year the are on the side of the trans under the car its an allen head bolt

not really. its a rachet square head. i think its a 3/8" drive.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it should be a 3/8 drive like stated above.. and the tranny is a tremec 3650...
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya but where is it. I got under the car and i see the drain plug but was too lazy to search for the fill plug [Big Grin]
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look above the drain plug... on the side of the trans...
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u got fluid already? does it take this? lmk

-

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forgot about the 3650's but in the t56 you can use syncromesh i use RP stuff.

You shuld see the plug no problem but worse case if you wana yank the shifter off you could fill through there as well [Wink]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

I already got some amsoil atf but i heard that stuff works good. any opinions between the both?
whyask
¯
Member # 7670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyask  Ford pictures for whyask    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im running RP and I have an 03 gt with spec 2 clutch and flywheel, and I still notice the diff. running RP, smoother and firmer shifts..!
Posts: 50 | From: Rocklin, California | Registered: May 2007  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xcessive50:
I already got some amsoil atf but i heard that stuff works good. any opinions between the both?

I would use what the manufacturer specifies. I called Tremec and asked what to use in my 3550 and they said nothing but Syncromesh. Dunno about the 3650 though.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com