Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cam install..were ??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cam install..were ??
whyask
¯
Member # 7670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyask  Ford pictures for whyask    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Getting my new cams in a week and I need a installer that knows how to and tune..NEW to the area just returned from Iraq, so I dont know anyone around here. Anyhelp would be great..

link to my car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2655821

Posts: 50 | From: Rocklin, California | Registered: May 2007  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello and welcome to the site.

There are quite a few people that could probably help ya out with the parts install and/or tuning as well.

It's still pretty early so give it a few hours and i'm sure they'll respond.

[patriot]

PM me if you need some more help.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

whyask
¯
Member # 7670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyask  Ford pictures for whyask    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet thanks man, ya im at work, kinda slow...
[patriot]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice car [patriot]

Looks like it could use some boost. I have a nice intercooled Procharger setup for sale.

PM me if interested [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
whyask
¯
Member # 7670

very new to forums not sure if I can ask....BUt how much $$$
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by whyask:
very new to forums not sure if I can ask....BUt how much $$$

I'm asking $2500 for the complete kit. It's a P1SC blower (self contained oiling system so you don't have to tap your oil pan) with a 3 core intercooler. Come with 42lb injectors, calibrated MAF, and all the stuff to install it. The blower is setup to make around 10-12lbs of boost right now. However, all you need to do is change the pulley if you want to go higher or lower.

This setup sells for around $4400 new [Eek!]

Here is a link to my add w/ pics

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=048957

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We can take care of your needs.

Couple of things.
I would definately recomend against OTS comp cams. Custom camshafts are about the same price ($595) & will make more low/midrange without sacraficing top-end power. Plus the correct customs make things SO much easier on the tuner! Call up HiTechMotorsports for custom cams. Ask for Brian.

You'll need to have the pistons notched. Every motor I've done with patriot heads & cams has needed piston notching. (the intake valve hits)

[ June 27, 2007, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
whyask
¯
Member # 7670

Well I cancled the order on the heads and continued with the cams, Military has a habbit of F**king my pay checks up....DAMN THEM, so I can only do the cams, I just got them yesterday afternoon, there the comp cam XE270AH
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by whyask:
Well I cancled the order on the heads and continued with the cams, Military has a habbit of F**king my pay checks up....DAMN THEM, so I can only do the cams, I just got them yesterday afternoon, there the comp cam XE270AH

Pistons may still need to be notched. Plus the stock valvesprings can not handle those cams. You will have valvefloat. IMO it's not a good idea to just install the cams without springs & checking piston to valve clearance. It's easier to swap heads & cams at the same time...

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com