Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NEED HELP!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED HELP!!
FOXWTIT
¯
Member # 7634

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXWTIT  Ford pictures for FOXWTIT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright heres the deal... I got a 93 coupe... my car seems to cut out or studder at about 2200 to about 3000rpm .. juss like a little drop out.. but i got gears and thats the rpm i ride in on the freeway... so its real annoying.. its only under load but it also does it when rpm or dropping down.. doesnt seam to matter where the pedal is at (rules out tps)... so here is the list of what i have done and pretty much ruled out..... i complete tune-up... new distributor... changed mass air.. and injectors... completly diffrent motor..ha.... all new gaskets... new throttle body.. egr spacer... i juss dont know what else to check its got to be a sensor or maybe the ecm... i just need a good direction... any help yall can give me would be awsome.. thanks.
Posts: 39 | From: SAN LORENZO | Registered: May 2007  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any codes

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the voltage at your TPS. You changed the TB, I doubt it's .95-.99...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
FOXWTIT
¯
Member # 7634

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXWTIT  Ford pictures for FOXWTIT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I HAVNT CHECKED FOR CODES WITH THE NEW MOTOR BUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ISNT ON
FOXWTIT
¯
Member # 7634

Maybe it didnt sputter coming down in rpm... i was probably thinkin a little to hard.. but i checked codes last night and i got an ect sensor out of range and my air thermactor apperantly isnt working... ill check the tps... but i mean its a brand new tb.. but that doesnt mean anything... ill check it and get back
rickm347
¯
Member # 5323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickm347  Ford pictures for rickm347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FOXWTIT:
Maybe it didnt sputter coming down in rpm... i was probably thinkin a little to hard.. but i checked codes last night and i got an ect sensor out of range and my air thermactor apperantly isnt working... ill check the tps... but i mean its a brand new tb.. but that doesnt mean anything... ill check it and get back

do you know what the air thermactor is??
FOXWTIT
¯
Member # 7634

THE AIR THERMACTOR IS YOUR AIR INJECTION I BELIEVE... (SMOG PUMP).. BUT.. I TRIED CHANGING THE TPS AND THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE.. NO CHANGE STILL SPUTTERS AT THE SAME SPOT... IM GONNA TRY UN PLUGGING THE MAP, AND PUTTIN MY IGNITION BOX TO STOCK AND SEE IF ANYTHING CHANGES...
rickm347
¯
Member # 5323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickm347  Ford pictures for rickm347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
air thermactor is the catalytic system. air thermactor = cats
marc
¯
Member # 4238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for marc  Ford pictures for marc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what mods are done to the car? does it happen when cold/ hot?
FOXWTIT
¯
Member # 7634

HOW DOES MY COMPUTER TELL IF THE CATS ARE WORKING IF IT DOESNT HAVE ANY POST O2 SENSORS.... WELL I HAD THE PROBLEM WITH TWO DIFFRENT MOTORS... IT HAS TO BE IN THE WIRING SOMEWHERE.. SENSORS... OR MY IGNITION OR SOMETHING... I DONT THINK ITS MECHANICAL....

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com