Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 5.0 "limp mode" ecu

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5.0 "limp mode" ecu
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
okay,
after swaping mass air sensor,rechecking grounds and checking injector connections. all good.
the car runs the same..feels like ocassionally running on 7 cyl.or timing is advancing .
I thought maybe thats the limp mode sytoms.My question is will the car still run shitty after fixing the problems like code 66 mas low volts.I have disconnected the ground on the battery but yet had a chance to drive it.What do you think?
P.S after changing sensors, I started it for 3 minutes and pulled the coded again to find out it still has the code 66.I know its a memory code
so will unpluging the battery do the trick getting the car outta this limp mode?

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
89SC50
¯
Member # 6248

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89SC50  Ford pictures for 89SC50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unplug the battery for 20 min and it will reset the codes
Posts: 185 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright, I've unpluged the battery for 20 min.
drove it about 10 miles.Still runs rough, misses and during accel and cruise.
Codes pulled-33 and 67
33 egr valve position sensor or pressure feedback egr indicates valve not opening,or egr valve not seating properly(closed)
67 improper signals are being recieved from either the neutral drive switch/neutral gear switch/neutral pressure switch/clutch switch/or air condition on during self test.
--------Fyi---
My car is a original 5 speed and I took the a/c a few years ago.Would a bad egr valve cause my car to run rough as described?the vacuum line is not hooked up to the egr.If i decide to connect it back on do I use a direct vacuum source from the intake manifold? any help with be appriciated
Thanks [patriot]

*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The EGR should be feed from a vaccuum solenoid on the back of the passenger side shock tower. Sometimes the coolant temp. sensor on the intake manifold will go bad and cause it to run shitty and throw strange codes.
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Thanks dude.I just made another post in regards.
so If I plug in the 4 smog vacuum lines back on should it correct it self?

*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It should correct the EGR problem, but I don't think will do anything about the Neutral/AC code. I had that same code come up on mine and changed the coolant temp. sensor and haven't had any problems since. I don't know if it will help yours, but I had the same problem.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com