Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » fuel & nitrous

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: fuel & nitrous
93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 190lph fuel pump on my 331 and i took it to the dyno for tuning. i do not have a WOT switch, just the window switch (yeah which was really stupid) and i did some tests. my tests were sparatic on the mustang dyno i made 424.6 power @ 4460 rpms and 499.8 Torque @ 4306 rpms. (150 shot) the tests were not clean and back fired (out of the exhaust). i have not sprayed after but when i return to the dyno i plan to have the WOT switch and the 255lph.

my question is was the backfiring because the WOT did not cut the nitrous off, and it was just continuously spraying while the car was shifting? and was the 190lph also a factor of this? because it was too small for my application?

thanks for the help in advance.

--------------------
1993 Lx Coupe.....a couple bolt ons.

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you only want to be spraying under wot.if youre letting off the gas to shift that is very dangerous.do you have the fpss on your kit.
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes i do have the safety switch. and yea i know it was really stupid. 10 bucks or a new motor.

[ April 21, 2007, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: 93cobracoupestang ]

--------------------

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

anyone?

--------------------

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com