Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Upgrading brakes? Help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Upgrading brakes? Help
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an 90' coupe with lincoln front rotors and ranger rears(5lug). Looking to upgrade to some 13" front rotors and discs in the back. What do you reccomend and where or who can do the install?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.sn95brakes.com

upgrade to the SN95 spindles and brakes so you can use the 13" cobra stuff.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
www.sn95brakes.com

upgrade to the SN95 spindles and brakes so you can use the 13" cobra stuff.

+1 for that web site [patriot]

Do the Cobra or Mach 1 brake upgrade. I have seen them as low as $299 in MM&FF's. You will also need new front spindles, 5 lug wheels, and maybe a couple of other things.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
rickm347
¯
Member # 5323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickm347  Ford pictures for rickm347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+2 on the fronts from that web site and i just found a rear end from 94-04 GT and they bolt right in and theyre all disc. --rick
lpj
¯
Member # 6125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpj  Ford pictures for lpj    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put SN95 front spindles on my 90LX and then 13" Cobra fronts. For the rear i when wirh '87 MK VII axles and caliper mounts. They fix with my axle housing but are about 3/4" wider. Makes wide wheel fitment tougher, but it works for small $$. Used Hawk street performance pads all round. went to Buttonwillow and had NO brake problems.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com