Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » AC delete kit 91 Mustang with out moving PS pump?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: AC delete kit 91 Mustang with out moving PS pump?
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to remove the AC from my 91 mustang but due to the SC kit belt routing I want to keep it simple.Does somebody make a kit that just bolts in place of the AC unit with out relocating anything else? thanks Mike

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeyguy713  Ford pictures for hockeyguy713    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
March A/C delete kit

--------------------
91 GT

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AC kit- uses the stock bracket, ditches the pump...
UPR

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that is just what I am looking for thank you very much. Mike

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

BlueLightning302
¯
Member # 3974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueLightning302  Ford pictures for BlueLightning302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
march makes a kit where it puts a manual tensioner on the alternator, with it you can eliminate the a/c and p/s and smog pump. it only routes a belt around the crank, water pump and alternator. no other idlers or anything. looks good. not sure if you wanted to eliminate all that.

--------------------
Originally Member #935

2003 Mustang Cobra - Some mods

"Well, atleast the slow one's trying!!" - Al Bundy

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
AC kit- uses the stock bracket, ditches the pump...
UPR

I've been running that same UPR a/c delete kit for sometime now without any problems..Bought it off ebay brand new for $20 shipped [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

I will look into that to. I want to keep my other accesories so getting rid of other stuff is not a option right now.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueLightning302:
march makes a kit where it puts a manual tensioner on the alternator, with it you can eliminate the a/c and p/s and smog pump. it only routes a belt around the crank, water pump and alternator. no other idlers or anything. looks good. not sure if you wanted to eliminate all that.

you can do that without spending ANY money at all [Wink] well except for a new belt that is
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com