Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car starts once then it wont on the 2nd try!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car starts once then it wont on the 2nd try!!!
project_stangs88
¯
Member # 4599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for project_stangs88  Ford pictures for project_stangs88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont know what the fuck is wrong with this car, when it is cold it starts rite up fine , i turn it off immediatly and try to start it back up and it dont start, anybody ever had a similar problem with their mustang, theres spark , theres fuel, timing is rite on, any help would be very appreciated, thanks!

--------------------
got my 65 mustang back! (bonny)! roller...

Posts: 1518 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my car did that a week ago, it would just crank and crank and crank after parking it.

my MSD box died, bypassed it and the car fired right up.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a buddy who had this same thing happening to his fox body vert but I lost contact with him..

Have you checked your grounds?

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try pushing the gas pedal, it actualy cuts the fuel on foxes. It could be flooding.

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
Try pushing the gas pedal, it actualy cuts the fuel on foxes. It could be flooding.

+1 We had the same problem on a car not too long ago and it turned out to be a bad computer. the car would start and run fine but when it was shut off it would flood. We changed the computer and it ran fine.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
project_stangs88
¯
Member # 4599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for project_stangs88  Ford pictures for project_stangs88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a stock 302 with ported gt 40 heads (cast iron) cam, trickflow upper lower, 30#injectors with mass air. could it be because of the injectors being to big???

--------------------

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by project_stangs88:
its a stock 302 with ported gt 40 heads (cast iron) cam, trickflow upper lower, 30#injectors with mass air. could it be because of the injectors being to big???

If you are running NA, 30# injectors are way too big.

Change to 19-24# injectors and see if it'll start easier the second time. If nothing changes, try a friend's computer..

project_stangs88
¯
Member # 4599

its acually gona have a big shot of nitrous, ill try smaller injectors and change the computer, thanks peoples!!!!!!

--------------------

project_stangs88
¯
Member # 4599

found out the problem.... its flooding, pushed the pedal all the way down and it started!!! what might cause the flooding??? any help???

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by project_stangs88:
what might cause the flooding??? any help???

Computer [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com