Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » difference between a-trim & s-trim

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: difference between a-trim & s-trim
SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the difference between them

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A trim is smaller blower "750 cfm I believe" and S trim is 1000 cfm. "A trim" came with 6 rib pulley where an S trim comes with 8 rib. S trim came with metal discharge tube, bypass valve, and fmu and a trim just had a plastic discharge tube. "A trim" has been replaced with the sc trim which is a S trim head unit with 6 rib pulley, plastic discharge tube "no bypass", and fmu. So the SC trim can easily be upgraded to s trim level with purchase of metal discharge, bypass, and 8 rib pulley set down the road if You don't have the money for the s trim at the time of purchase.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A-trim has straght impeller blades and the s-trim and sc-trim has the curved impeller blades.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot of horsepower is the difference, if youre deciding between the 2 get the S for sure.

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
A lot of horsepower is the difference, if youre deciding between the 2 get the S for sure.

that what i was looking for thanks

but is that true that the s-trim is curved not stright?

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes the impellar Blades on a S-Trim is curved and on a A-Trim they are straight

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sc-trim is also curved and cheaper, just dosent come with the upgrades like the s-trim do.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phat50:
sc-trim is also curved and cheaper, just dosent come with the upgrades like the s-trim do.

and it has a slightly smaller outlet port...only by an 1/8 of an inch or so...

the A-trim is just not a good deal unless you're getting it for dirt cheap..then you can upgrade it too..and yes S and SC's have curved blades..

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is cheap? I bought my SQ-V2(quiet s trim)off ebay about 3 or so years ao for 1600.00 run the piss out of it and it still works as good as it always did.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Got my sc-trim for less then that and will outrun your sq-trim anyday with the 6ribb pullys still on it. [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [dance]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my car is down and I am not a very fast runner(carrying my SQ) anymore so you have me. LOL when it is running again here real soon I bet on my SQ [Big Grin] [burnout]

[ April 06, 2007, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Just kidding man, i seen your blue lx hatch run before, very fast car, seems like you lift the front wheels like its nothing, havent seen it out in a while, the sc-trim is great but i got alot more work to do to outrun your sq-trim. [patriot]

[ April 06, 2007, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: phat50 ]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When did the S-trim start using an 8 rib pulley?

S-trim I had came with a 6 rib pulley. I had to use the pulleys off a Lightning to get the 8-rib.

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com