Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » actually i have two questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: actually i have two questions
spankyourrice
Member # 7456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spankyourrice  Ford pictures for spankyourrice    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have me a 94 gt with modds that all in all runs pretty damn good, so i drive it around sac in stop and go traffic and it never gets hot i take it on a 45 minute trip and it still runs cool till im sitting at idle at the gas station so i check the water when i get home and its low when the day before it was good??? theres no visible leaks and like i said it runs beutiful at high speeds (not that i condone speeding uh cough lol)where's my water goin is my question

ok question number two ive been told there's an easy way to figure out what gears are in your car by speed/rpm/tire size is this true? if it is does someone here know the conversion if so my tire's are 17's and it runs at 2500 rpm's/80 mph pleez help

*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know where your water is going, it may be a small leak in the radiator that dries as it leaks.

You can check your gears by marking the pinion flange and counting the pinion rotations as you spin the tire 360*. You should be able to estimate if its 3 and 3/4-ish turns you have 3.73's if its 3 and 1/2-ish you have 3.55's, etc.

[ March 28, 2007, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: BlueBeast88.306 ]

cdog301
¯
Member # 5136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdog301  Ford pictures for cdog301    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check your oil for chocolate milk! [Confused]

--------------------
1992 Notch
Dss Pro Bullet
Afr 165's
GT40 U/L
Bassani X w/cats
and other goodies!!!!!!!
I love MOSTLY MUSTANGS OAKLAND CA

Posts: 386 | From: Richmond CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hook up a pressure tester. found my leak that way.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
spankyourrice
Member # 7456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spankyourrice  Ford pictures for spankyourrice    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its definitly not a blown head gasket the oil is fine and i just rebuilt the entire top end less than 2000 miles ago im sure i'll find the culpret it just gets a little annoying, i just remembered i need to check out my u-joints my drive line is making a thumping noise so if anyone has any idea's on things i should look at while i'm down there let me know, oh yeah is my car supposed to have an alluminum drive line?

1994 mustang gt upper and lower cobra intake 24 lb cobra injectors, gears (unsure) cam(unsure)97 cobra rims full spin tech exhaust bbk short shifter cold air intake and racing seats :)oh and underdrive pulley's the car seems to accelerate faster much faster than typical gt's and blows my friends 99 gt out of the water sounds good runs better but not satisfied with enough to take it to the track

lxlaw
¯
Member # 7547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxlaw  Ford pictures for lxlaw    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
ok question number two ive been told there's an easy way to figure out what gears are in your car by speed/rpm/tire size is this true? if it is does someone here know the conversion if so my tire's are 17's and it runs at 2500 rpm's/80 mph pleez help [/QB]
Hey bud, make sure you use the outer diameter of the tire, not the wheel size. Usually a mustang is about a 26" tire. But according to what you gave us based on about a 26"er, you have 3.73's. If you have a stock T5.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com