Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » sc or 331?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sc or 331?
fiveohgo
¯
Member # 5282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiveohgo  Ford pictures for fiveohgo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cant afford both. already have a healthy rebuilt block with 70k in there holding good compression. alum heads, cobra intake, you name it, i have it on the 302 block. im looking for something reliable and good amount of hp gain. should i go for a low 6lb supercharger or go for a 331? what kind of power would i be looking at for each?

--------------------
Slow for the cone zone.

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit, I was gonna say both [Big Grin]

I would bolt on the supercharger and run 8lbs of boost. Make sure you get the car tuned and have a good fuel system. You should be makin' around 350ish at the wheels.

When it come time for a re-build then do a 331 and you will already have the blower [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
allmotor65stang
¯
Member # 6668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for allmotor65stang  Ford pictures for allmotor65stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would say both but if u on a bugget go for a sc with about 8-10 lbs..
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fiveohgo:
cant afford both. already have a healthy rebuilt block with 70k in there holding good compression. alum heads, cobra intake, you name it, i have it on the 302 block. im looking for something reliable and good amount of hp gain. should i go for a low 6lb supercharger or go for a 331? what kind of power would i be looking at for each?

Your working with a stock block? is the 331 going to be built with a stock block? If the answer is yes to these question's then slap a blower on and call it a day. You can make enough power to break the stock block without the extra cubes from a stroker so what's the point? You can go well into the 10's with a healthy blown 302-306.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

fiveohgo
¯
Member # 5282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiveohgo  Ford pictures for fiveohgo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Your working with a stock block? is the 331 going to be built with a stock block? If the answer is yes to these question's then slap a blower on and call it a day. You can make enough power to break the stock block without the extra cubes from a stroker so what's the point? You can go well into the 10's with a healthy blown 302-306.
nah.. most likely not with the stock block. gonna have an extra block and start building it, waiting for the original block to blow
[Wink] [Big Grin]

[ March 07, 2007, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: fiveohgo ]

--------------------
Slow for the cone zone.

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go SC...you'll get more power out of it and if ever need more...all you have to do is a pulley swap...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do a blower, save for a motor! [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 on everyones opinion....

procharger p-1sc kit.....9 psi intercooled.....that will do the trick for ya [Big Grin]

maybe u can get away with 11psi....actuallly ya u can just get a good fuel system, like some 42 #ers, a 255 lph fuel pump, probably a bigger maf like a 90mm, if u dont already have one..... and a good tune after all that....thats a must [worship]

easy 400rwhp..... [dance] [burnout]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
fiveohgo
¯
Member # 5282

thanks for the suggestions guys. will most likely go for a a trim since the car is daily driven around 150 miles a week.

--------------------
Slow for the cone zone.

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
thanks for the suggestions guys. will most likely go for a a trim since the car is daily driven around 150 miles a week.

They don't make the a trim anymore. Did You see the s trim with power pipe for 1600 in the ford sale section? [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

fiveohgo
¯
Member # 5282

yea but i bet i can find a used one for cheap.

--------------------
Slow for the cone zone.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com