Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » aod stuck in od?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: aod stuck in od?
fiveohgo
¯
Member # 5282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiveohgo  Ford pictures for fiveohgo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
car seems fine driving around town but i noticed it doesnt kick when shifting gears in drive like it usually does. also when you floor it, it doesnt respond and just speeds up like a bus. although going onto the freeway in drive, it revs up pretty high and doesnt go into overdrive until you shift into it. what could be the problem?

--------------------
Slow for the cone zone.

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do You have the TV cable adjusted rite? Might be the converter acting up?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

fiveohgo
¯
Member # 5282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiveohgo  Ford pictures for fiveohgo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:

fuck.. that could be the problem. i remember my friend was trying to fuck with the cable trying to make it not go into OD during the dyno.

--------------------
Slow for the cone zone.

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fiveohgo:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:

fuck.. that could be the problem. i remember my friend was trying to fuck with the cable trying to make it not go into OD during the dyno.
Better get it adjusted ASAP and hope for the best! I have heard of a few people burning up tranny's within a few miles when out of adjustment [Eek!] .

--------------------

fiveohgo
¯
Member # 5282

it drives like normal unless you want to smash on it, then it doesnt respond much. you wouldnt be able to tell a difference just cruising around besides not shifting as firm as it did before.. how do i adjust the cable?
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by fiveohgo:
it drives like normal unless you want to smash on it, then it doesnt respond much. you wouldnt be able to tell a difference just cruising around besides not shifting as firm as it did before.. how do i adjust the cable?

Just do a search under TV cable and lot's of stuff comes up. I would try that 1st and if the problem is still there take it to a professional. There is'nt much room for error.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com