Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » battery gauge

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: battery gauge
5.0 RIDAH
¯
Member # 7143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 RIDAH  Ford pictures for 5.0 RIDAH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when driving my 90gt the battery needle goes all the way up and over when i hit the gas. Although when i get off the gas the needle goes back to level. any help
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
voltage reg. inside your alternator might have failed. take the alternator off and take it to an auto parts store, a real one, not Kragen or auto zone, and have them bench test it if you don't know how to test it yourself. they will usually do it for free.

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

1bdpone
¯
Member # 6708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bdpone  Ford pictures for 1bdpone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the wires going to your alternator. I had the same problem - one wire was expossed from rubing on my k&n filter. when I would hit the gas the wire would touch metal and ground out. That, in turn, would cause the gauge to read all the way up at around 18 volts.

[ February 23, 2007, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: 1bdpone ]

Posts: 182 | From: Tri Valley | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com