Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 66 Mustang Wheel Help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 66 Mustang Wheel Help
SIC66
¯
Member # 7269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC66  Ford pictures for SIC66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody know if 17x8 fit's in a front of a 66 fastback? also, does 17x9 fit in the back? if it does fit, do i have to do any modification to make it happen? what kind of mods if any...

thanks.

--------------------
66 Fastback

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 16 x 7 wheels 225/50 tires front and 16 x 8 wheels 255/50 in the rear of my 65. all fenders are rolled. i dont see how your going to get anything larger unless you want to flair the fenders or tubb the rear
SIC66
¯
Member # 7269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC66  Ford pictures for SIC66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thx

--------------------
66 Fastback

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know the 17x8 will fit all the way around. maybe the 17x9 in rear. got a friend running 255 series tire on rear with 17x8 so maybe a 17x9 will fit but dont qoute me on this.. but got to love the 67/68 for having bigger wheel wells in the rear.. I can run 18x10's in the rear no problem.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
tomstir
¯
Member # 389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tomstir  Ford pictures for tomstir    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=616087&highlight=widest+tire
Vishustang
¯
Member # 4342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vishustang  Ford pictures for Vishustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 66 coupe and I have 17 X 8 all the way around. I have 265-40-R17 on the rear and 225-45-R17 on the fronts. Hardly any rub at all. just have to roll in the inner lip on the quarters and fenders. Have to agree with John though... wish I could get a fatter tire on without tubbing.
Vishustang
¯
Member # 4342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vishustang  Ford pictures for Vishustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also I have dropped suspension. I have the 620 coils on the front and shelby springs on the rear with a 1" drop block. I also cut a coil off of the 620's. If you still have stock suspension you could go taller, but not wider.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com