Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » injector question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: injector question
allmotor50
Member # 7242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for allmotor50  Ford pictures for allmotor50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have an 88 5.0 with cobra upper and lower intake edelbrock heads/e303 cam 1.6 cobra rocker arms MAF and throttle body and 30lb injectors...the injectors were run with a supercharger which is no longer on the car...should i downsize injectors and then tune or keep the 30's.....
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u can keep the injectors....it 'll be coo. just probably maybe re-tune since u were set up up for blower.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, keep the injectors. I would check the fuel pressure and adjust it appropriately.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
CA FiveOh
¯
Member # 7429

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CA FiveOh  Ford pictures for CA FiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot depends on what size injectors the MAF is calibrated for. With a properly calibrated MAF meter then technically you can run almost any size injector, as long as they both match. The only problem that you could run into is with the re-scaled meter, sometimes the MAF voltage gets too low during idle which WILL put the car in limp mode. I don't think that a 30lb cal will do that...usually it's once you step up yo 42lb or larger.
One note on adjusting fuel pressure for larger injectors. I don't like doing that (unless it's your only option). What happens with the larger injectors is sometimes the car is too rich at idle which causes surging and stalling. A common cure for that is to lower fuel pressure. OK, cool, but just remember that when you do that it will lean out the whole fuel curve. Not a real big concern with a N/A combo but can be serious with forced induction.

--------------------
91 LX Notch, AFR 165 heads, E303 cam, FRPP Cobra intake, 42lb injectors, intercooled ProCharger P1SC (9 psi), 3.73's, TwEECer RT

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CA FiveOh:
A lot depends on what size injectors the MAF is calibrated for. With a properly calibrated MAF meter then technically you can run almost any size injector, as long as they both match. The only problem that you could run into is with the re-scaled meter, sometimes the MAF voltage gets too low during idle which WILL put the car in limp mode. I don't think that a 30lb cal will do that...usually it's once you step up yo 42lb or larger.
One note on adjusting fuel pressure for larger injectors. I don't like doing that (unless it's your only option). What happens with the larger injectors is sometimes the car is too rich at idle which causes surging and stalling. A common cure for that is to lower fuel pressure. OK, cool, but just remember that when you do that it will lean out the whole fuel curve. Not a real big concern with a N/A combo but can be serious with forced induction.

[patriot]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com