Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Methanol injection

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Methanol injection
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is anybody running meth injection on a street car. If so what kind and do you like it.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did for 15 minutes until my engine Blew on CDT's dyno from hydro locking (even though I told them it was dripping from the TB!)..

The kits are good as long as you have a good tuner. When I was left to hang I was able to get info from Matt Snow from snow performance. (mbsnow57@msn.com)

E-mail him with the Questions and setup you plan to run.. they were pretty helpful. Things to remember that totally baffled my tuners is:

1) Liquid dripping from TB is NOT condensation and is BAD

2) If your car is jerking on the dyno.. DONT KEEP stepping on it!

there are many that use it so go to someone that had done plenty of them. good luck

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info sounds scarry though. Have you got the car back up and running? Has any one out there tuned a car with methanol and had a good result.

--------------------
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my car is pretty much up and running.. has a little oil leak and exhaust leak.. but 500 miles on the new engine. a fried has been helping me out. As with the kit there are people running with it and dont have issue.. matter of fact snow has a module that will monitor some value and also spray but will kick timing back if needed which is a great saftey tool to have. I dont know any tuners here that can do it.. you would have to look around. I'm sure there are some and also they can contact snow anytime for support.

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lostsoul:
I did for 15 minutes until my engine Blew on CDT's dyno from hydro locking (even though I told them it was dripping from the TB!)..

The kits are good as long as you have a good tuner. When I was left to hang I was able to get info from Matt Snow from snow performance. (mbsnow57@msn.com)

E-mail him with the Questions and setup you plan to run.. they were pretty helpful. Things to remember that totally baffled my tuners is:

1) Liquid dripping from TB is NOT condensation and is BAD

2) If your car is jerking on the dyno.. DONT KEEP stepping on it!

there are many that use it so go to someone that had done plenty of them. good luck

so it was cdt's fault? my buddies going there for a tune [Frown] dont like hearing this kind of stuff.

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Meth is awesome. When doing properly its great stuff. Just don't buy those cheap kits they tend to leak. Snow is good and very helpful. You don't need a lot of meth and you can trigger it according to throttle position or boost level. Tuning is the key. Meth burns really slow so you have to throw timing at it. This again is all relative to how much you spray.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
had meth on a novi 1000. 440 whp sub 9:1 af without it, 450 116:1 (spot at 12:1 = bad) with it, but i had a better tune, just shouldnt have left the shop with the lean spot i did

no worries now thought, since the new motor is a 11:1 forged 408

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have run a snow boost cooler for a couple of years now and it is awsome

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TURBOGT I believe is running the Snow Performance kit with a little success. [Razz] Check his posts in the "Drag Racing" forum.

Lems

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Thanks all for your help has anyone ran the anderson ford kit. I found one pretty cheap.

--------------------
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do not go cheap on purchasing a Meth. Water injection Kit. Have talked to racers back east and they do not recommend Alcohol /Water injection. Stick with Dehydrated water and 99.9% pure methanol. They do not like saying so, but you can safely run a 75%meth and 25% water mix. Your tuner needs to understand the tuning procedures for adding the extra timing.It is the equivalent of running 116 octane and also works as a intercooler. I removed my water to air aftclr. went to Snow injection kit and pulled an additional 80 rwhp.,running 11.5 afr.
I highlly recommend the Meth./Water injection system. We are at present upgrading my motor and plan on pulling 750 to 780 rwhp once finished.
Speed Freaks in Tracy is doing the work..ask for Ravi @ 209-609-0355

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

So is everyone recommending thge snow kit over anderson fords.

--------------------
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com