Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Starter/Cylinoid

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Starter/Cylinoid
5.0 RIDAH
¯
Member # 7143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 RIDAH  Ford pictures for 5.0 RIDAH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i need some help on my 90 gt....i just bought a new cylinoid because it was sparking, so i replaced that and then it started up fine, but the starter kept trying to start the engine while it was on. so i turned it off, took the key out and it was still trying to start. So i had to pop the hood and pull a cable off the battery. but when i tried to put the cable back on the battery it tried to start and kept sparking, ruining the battery post..any input would be helpfull thanks
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well had the same problem putting my battery in the back i need to put a relay on the starter wire. don't know why you would have the problem when your car is setup for one.
*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The solenoid is the relay, you may have placed wires on the wrong posts. The new one may be different then the old one, double check your wiring. Or it may be a bad solenoid.

Good Luck,
Justin

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They gave you a bad solenoid from the start. take it back and get another. i had the same problem as you. make sure to get a ford part.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com