Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car died when driving and dosent want to start?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car died when driving and dosent want to start?
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was driving my car today, it was perfectly fine then i took it out of gear and it died. I put it back in gear to roll start it, and you could tell it didnt want to start but it did. When i hit the gas its fine but when i let it off while in gear it slows me down alot faster than normal. I got the car home then turned it off. Tryed to start it and all it did was pop a few times and thats it. it wont start? Could it be flooding itself? anyone got any ideas on what happened? Thanks
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try pulling codes. have you done anything lately
with your setup,like playing with the air meter?
any vacuum leaks?

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car is carburated. no air meter or anything like that. I have recently adjusted the floats and air fuel idle mixture. but thats it. it was running fine all day and then it took a dump on me on the way home. maybe it just didnt want to go home.
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what type of carb is it? did you mess with the timing at all?

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont trip you'll get it fixed eventually Erich [Wink] If not sell me your motor minus the carb [Eek!] [dance]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering have you sprayed that 331 yet? If so, is it a night and day difference in power between the 331 and your old 302? Damn hope you clear out all the bugs and get ur car up and running. [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

Stan G
¯
Member # 6226

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan G  Ford pictures for Stan G    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 on the vacuum leak.

look for a vac hose that popped off around the base of the carb

--------------------
1985 RX-7, 347/T-5 , T/F T/W heads, typhoon intake, Tfs2 cam, pulleys, 2500 lbs .
3.63 rear gears , Megasquirt

Posts: 105 | From: Sun Coast , Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Float sticking, blocked fuel line, choke? Manual or electric? My car did this when the manual choke was stuck.

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just looked at the car and ther venturies on the secondarys are leaking alot of fuls even at idle. then when i turn the car off they keep leaking untill fuel pressure is gone. Any clue why it would do that? I pulled the float adjustment and it wasnt sticking. you think somthing could be stuck open or the flost stuck somehow?
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

its a holley street avenger.

Havent sprayed it yet but i already notice a huge difference in power. it feels ALMOST as fast as my old motor on nitrous felt.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com