Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Car hangs to the left?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car hangs to the left?
fiveohgo
¯
Member # 5282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiveohgo  Ford pictures for fiveohgo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Having some problems with the car.. before, i had on some ponys and it hangs to the left a little but didnt really bother me all that much. you let go of the steering wheel and it hangs to the left. i though i just needed an alignment. i dont think it did this before when i got the car, or maybe i just didnt noticed it. now i have on some 18" wheels which are much heavier and it hanged to the left by a lot. you have to hold on the the steering wheel slightly to the right to go straight. and whenever you hit a bumpy road, the car steers side to side pretty crazy. once again, it did this before but not as bad. i brought it in for alignment and they told me its been hit and needs the left control armed pulled. it still pulls to the left but not as much as before. i had a buddy, which is very good with mustangs look at it and he said everything looks normal underneath. what is the problem? tire wearness? keep in mind this was like this before but not nearly as bad.

[ February 04, 2007, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: fiveohgo ]

--------------------
Slow for the cone zone.

Aereon
¯
Member # 6466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aereon  Ford pictures for Aereon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check your bushings heavier rims are hard for a worn out bushing to keep the steering wheel straight.. I had to replace my rack & pinion bushing after i got rims.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you have a problem with your suspension. If the aligntment shop is reputable (and routinely does front end repairs) then I would probably listen to their advice.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Reflectionz
¯
Member # 6826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reflectionz  Ford pictures for Reflectionz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im thinking of bushings because the old bushings are old and the rims are heavier, a bump steer kit for that swaying when you hit something, and cast camber it to correct the tires.

[ February 15, 2007, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Reflectionz ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the air pressure in the tires as well.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Reflectionz
¯
Member # 6826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reflectionz  Ford pictures for Reflectionz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
air pressure is fine.
shamis935
¯
Member # 6300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamis935  Ford pictures for shamis935    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my danger ranger pulled hard to the right. i put new brakes pads on the front and my brother noticed the caliper pins were pretty worn on the passenger side. replaced them and it drives nice and straight now.

--------------------
'03 cobra

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com