Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » please help with headers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: please help with headers
DipDashSpitGas
¯
Member # 4026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DipDashSpitGas  Ford pictures for DipDashSpitGas    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok so i bought a pair of used mac shorty headers and i've got 7 bolts on one side and 4 bolts on the other. I can not get the rest of them on, it seems like the holes aren't lining up very well. I'm going in the morning the buy new header bolts to see if that will help, but this is driving me crazy. I worked on it for about 6 hours today and finally gave up for the night. any serious suggestions?
Posts: 28 | From: Sacramento/Fairfield | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont tighten any of them down, just get them all started a few threads and then tighten them all down together. I made the same mistake the first time I replaced my headers and wanted to set the car on fire before I was done... good luck

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CMELEVU  Ford pictures for CMELEVU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had 2 sets of Mac headers, one shorties and one set of long tubes. Mac quality is something to be desired. I had the same problem. I solved it by drilling out the bolt hole a bit. Mine werent that far off and seem to work just fine.
Posts: 201 | From: Marysville | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com